+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: LF Fixes Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    For what its worth: Still getting this ^^^ on my laptop, desk top and Iphone.
    Internet Exploder?! I didn't know anybody still used that hoary old thing. o.O

Just putting this out there - don't you think the forum is a bit too cluttered with all the sub-forums? Is there really a need for all of them? For example, "Love poems" and "Love stories" could become a single sub-forum, "Love poems and stories". Rarely anyone ever posts there anyway. Also, I don't see the point of having a separate sub-forum for marriage problems. They are "love" problems, aren't they?

Perhaps most importantly, why is the first category of forums not "Love and Relationship Forum"? Who cares about "Mind and Body forum", this is a relationship advice website, not a mind and body advice website. Three sub-forums just in that section are way too much IMO.

I think this is part of the reason we get so few newbies these days. If I came here as a newbie today, I probably couldn't be bothered searching through all this clutter just to find the correct sub-forum where to ask my question.

I think these are the forums that are actually useful:

Love and Relationship Forum
    Introduce Yourself
    Love Advice Forum
    Teenagers Love Forum
    Ask a Male Forum
    Ask a Female Forum
    Broken Hearts Forum
    Intimate Forum
    Family Relationship Forum
    Personal Development Forum

Water cooler
    Off Topic Discussion
    Funny Love Pictures and Videos
    Love Movies, Music and Books
    Love Stories, Poems and Quotes
    Suggestion, feedback and others

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Internet Exploder?! I didn't know anybody still used that hoary old thing. o.O
    I'm Canadian, I'm loyal eh!
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Just putting this out there - don't you think the forum is a bit too cluttered with all the sub-forums? Is there really a need for all of them? For example, "Love poems" and "Love stories" could become a single sub-forum, "Love poems and stories". Rarely anyone ever posts there anyway. Also, I don't see the point of having a separate sub-forum for marriage problems. They are "love" problems, aren't they?

Perhaps most importantly, why is the first category of forums not "Love and Relationship Forum"? Who cares about "Mind and Body forum", this is a relationship advice website, not a mind and body advice website. Three sub-forums just in that section are way too much IMO.

I think this is part of the reason we get so few newbies these days. If I came here as a newbie today, I probably couldn't be bothered searching through all this clutter just to find the correct sub-forum where to ask my question.
    Ha! I thought about suggesting this, but I didn't think anyone would agree with me.

These are the forums that are actually useful:

Love Advice Forum
    Teenagers Love Forum
    Broken Hearts Forum
    Intimate Forum

Water cooler
    Off Topic Discussion
    Love Media, Stories, Poems (merged)

Quote Originally Posted by KingZ View Post
    Water cooler
    Off Topic Discussion
    Love Media, Stories, Poems (merged)
    Agreed. Nobody ever posts in them anyway. I do think we should keep the Ask a Male and Ask a Female forums, they can be fun and they seem to be very populated. The Personal Development forum I don't really care, although I think most of that stuff could simply go in the Off Topic Discussion.

Agreed. Nobody ever posts in them anyway. I do think we should keep the Ask a Male and Ask a Female forums, they can be fun and they seem to be very populated. The Personal Development forum I don't really care, although I think most of that stuff could simply go in the Off Topic Discussion.
    The problem with the Ask a Male/Female forums is that they're exactly the same as either Love Advice or Intimate. Nobody, in the history of this forum, has ever thought, Hm, they want male opinions only, and since I'm a female, I guess I just won't post!

That's true, but even in those cases I think it's interesting to see how a male thinks that a female thinks (and vice-versa). It's fun because most of the times, males and females give the same advice, even if wording it differently/putting emphasis on different things.

Also, I think many newbies are drawn to those two sub-forums.

Fine, they can stay. But only because I feel bad about our last argument.

Hehe, okay

I agree on stories, poems and quotes they don't get used neither does the dating section at the bottom and ask a male/female could be sub forum categories in the love advice section of the forum.

Thanks you for your feedback, searock.

We will see how user can get access to these subforum faster without browsing through the entire forum.

I think these are the forums that are actually useful:

Introduce Yourself
    Love Advice Forum
    Teenagers Love Forum
    Ask a Male Forum
    Ask a Female Forum
    Broken Hearts Forum
    Intimate Forum
    Personal Development Forum

Water cooler
    Off Topic Discussion
    Funny Love Pictures and Videos
    Love Movies, Music and Books
    Love Stories, Poems and Quotes
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

That's true, but even in those cases I think it's interesting to see how a male thinks that a female thinks (and vice-versa). It's fun because most of the times, males and females give the same advice, even if wording it differently/putting emphasis on different things.

Also, I think many newbies are drawn to those two sub-forums.
    Which is why they put the same post in both of those forums plus the Love Advice forum
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Cat fight!

My money's on basilnthyme...

I dunno man, searock has some pretty sharp claws. I'll take that bet.

Wait, actually, basil is Australian. She probably deals with fu​cked up spiders and crocodiles and monsoons and shit on a daily basis, all while living about a mile away from the surface of the sun.

Worst thing searock has had to deal with in her life is arrogant waiters—or the one time she went to the pharmacy and had to pay €1.50 for ground-breaking new antibiotics, and wept on the floor for three hours because "oh my god, Europe's big pharmaceutical corporations are ripping everyone off". Of course, the government then provided her with tissues and socialized chocolate and a cell phone to call her mother.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast