+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LF Fixes Thread

LF Fixes Thread

Welp, it's that time of the year where we get to complain about various things on the site that need to be fixed, only for LA to ignore us and let the forums die just a little bit more. Here we go!

List of incomplete tasks:

• Fix time zone issues. Right now, I have to set my time zone for GMT+10 in order to get GMT-6. Plus, the timestamps are actually off by 20 minutes. I propose we use the same time as any of the USNO NTP servers: http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/NTP/ (America says "You're Welcome", Canada.)
    • Proper SSL support. I don't really care about the certificates being signed by a CA, but right now, if you go to https://loveforum.net, the site is an honest-to-god shithole. None of the JS assets load; the chatbox doesn't work, etc. Every time someone signs into the site, they're submitting a weak MD5 hash of their password to the server. It's nobody on my network's business what forums I choose to incessantly harass. This could end up actually being a pretty bad security breach if you're at a coffeeshop; sometimes I will sit around and just let a packet monitoring program sit in my terminal, dumping everyone's packets. SSL'ing your website puts a stop this because I'm not the NSA.
    • Longer session/cookie expiration times. Bet you $20 that after I finish writing this thread, I'm gonna have to log in again.

Keeping the list short for now. Each of these items should only take 5-10 minutes to fix. Will cross them out as they get completed.

The "Remember Me" spot allows you to get around having to log in again... x.x I haven't logged in manually since about 3 weeks ago when I reset my password.

Hello kingz,

1. You can adjust the timezone based on your location.
    It can be found under "General Settings > Date & Time Options" in your personal control panel.

2. SSL support - i don't know why you need secure connection for a 'relationship forum' ..is it necessary?

3. As for staying logged in, rowen had mentioned the solution. check on the "remember me" box will keep you stay logged in.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Quote Originally Posted by loveadmin View Post
    1. You can adjust the timezone based on your location.
    It can be found under "General Settings > Date & Time Options" in your personal control panel.
    I do agree about this with him... For me, I have my time zone on Love Forum set to "Eastern Standard Time" with being in on the United States East Coast. However, while your clock used to be accurate on here a while ago, it changed over the last few mores and became inaccurate. Below, you can see what I mean..

This is a screenshot I took of a post I literally just made specifically for this purpose. Currently, it's 10:26 AM here in Pennsylvania. Now, while you can see it's 10:19 AM in the photo (It obviously took time to write this), the post time stamp reads 6:00 PM ...which would be a European time zone if I had a guess...

I don't mean to sound nit-picky, but that's what King Z is trying to show you.

SSL support - i don't know why you need secure connection for a 'relationship forum' ..is it necessary?
    That's not the point. SSL shouldn't be enabled on an "as-needed" basis. SSL should be on for every website all the time.

Also finding it pretty annoying that I can't edit the first post in this thread.

Yeah, the lack of an edit function is probably the thing that annoys me the most on this forum. You can only edit or delete stuff up to 24 hours after you posted it, after that it's there forever (unless you ask some mod to delete it for you).

Loveadmin says it's to prevent spammers from posting something harmless and then later on adding spam to it. However, how would it be any different from spammers who spam directly? In both cases what would happen is that someone would eventually notice the spam post, report it, and it would get deleted.

SSL support will be coming soon. Stay tune.

Can I just say sometimes the forum doesn't work for me. If I go onto any other site-internet works fine but occasionally on this site, it keeps freezing and I can't type or post. Sometimes its for days at a time which is frustrating as I really like this forum.

And this forum has very little activity sometimes. I wish it was busier with more newbies
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

SSL support will be coming soon. Stay tune.
    Thanks homie. ily<3

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    The "Remember Me" spot allows you to get around having to log in again... x.x I haven't logged in manually since about 3 weeks ago when I reset my password.
    That's not working for me anymore. I click the "remember me" box but still get logged out within a 5 min. period. My time stamp is also way off and I've had to do what Kingz does to get the right time in my zone.

Also: I can no longer bookmark/favourite the site because I get an error if I click on it.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Let's try to avoid saying "wah, it doesn't work" and provide concise, clear requests that make sense.

Wakeup/Michelle23, both of the problems you pointed out aren't forum problems; they're problems with your computers.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    And this forum has very little activity sometimes. I wish it was busier with more newbies
    This goes back to my post a few months ago regarding how people looking for legitimate advice are treated here. You want more newbies, then we need to stop scaring the new posters away with responses like "You're a stupid c*nt with no brain, go f*ck yourself".

Because people here are actually like that, just sometimes in a few more words.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by KingZ View Post
    Let's try to avoid saying "wah, it doesn't work" and provide concise, clear requests that make sense.

Wakeup/Michelle23, both of the problems you pointed out aren't forum problems; they're problems with your computers.
    I don't have that problem with any other site so I'm not sure you're correct there, Kingz. Adding: Besides part of my "wah" was the same as your own.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 07-02-14 at 05:59 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

SSL support for Loveforum is available now - Try it.
    https://www.loveforum.net/

Cool, thanks! Problem: Chatbox doesn't load.

You also can't sign in.

The problem is that the JS assets are loaded over HTTP, even if the request is made over HTTPS.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast