+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does this count as texting him first?

Does this count as texting him first?

I've been kinda seeing this guy, but he went a bit cold on me recently and didn't get in touch for a while. He came back and has been making an effort, but not as much as at first, so neither have I. And because of this, I am determined not to text him first.

He texted yesterday and we were texting a bit throughout the day (not that much as I was busy). The last text he sent didn't really need a reply, so I didn't reply.

Anyway, I'm wondering if, seeing as I didn't reply yesterday, if I send him a text is that still like me texting first? In his text, he didn't ask me anything and it didn't really need a reply... at least I don't think it did. I know this sound unbelievably childish/ petty, but I'm really just trying to protect myself by not putting him in a position of 'power'.

Thanks

It is childish, and you're playing games.

My guess is the guy picks up on it sooner rather than later and stops talking to you.

And then so many women wonder why "there are no good guys left." The answer is because so many women play games and treat men poorly.

Didn't want to play games... this guy was so nice to me and as soon as I let him know I felt the same, he stopped contacting me. As in, one day he just didn't reply to my text. Almost a month later and he gets back in touch... If I was confident that he wouldn't disappear on me again, I wouldn't worry about texting him first

If you don't want to play games, don't play them. Just relax, talk, and see where it goes...

I lost my last boyfriend to stupid shit like that because it pushed him away slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by HDBadger View Post
    And then so many women wonder why "there are no good guys left." The answer is because so many women play games and treat men poorly.
    Why do you have to make it a gender thing? A lot of guys come here and ask the same kind of questions, play the same childish games. Unfortunately it's something that a lot of people, men and women, do.

OP, just be spontaneous. Don't play these stupid games. If you feel like contacting him, by all means do.

He probably dropped out of sight for a while because he was pursuing another woman and it didn't work out and now he's interested in you again.