+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Heart broken

Heart broken

Hi everyone new here, I've been in a really bad place lately and it would help if I could maybe find someone how's going through the same thing as me or has been in the same situation,to talk to and help me get through.

I've been in a relationship for 12 years and now 6 months ago split up, my ex partner no longer has the same feelings for me. And I am just heartbroken can not seem to pull myself together and get on with things.

Someone please help

Though my relationship was nowhere near twelve years long, my previous partner's feelings changed too. :S We were in love...
    But have you tried having no contact? It might help you, in this case.

I'm here if you'd like to share your story; I'd be happy to listen. And I'm sorry for your loss.. :S

Sorry you are going through this. Breakups are always really difficult. Have you considered counselling to help you get through this? 12 years is a long time. It may help to work through it with someone
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Hello, no matter how long yous wer together you will still be so heartbroken. It's a horrible feeling when you still love them and feel for them the same way and the completely change. It's hard to take that in. We have a 4 year old daughter together so still have to keep in contact.

Hope your coping ok with your heartache :/

Hi Michelle, I've not I'm just trying to get through it on my own. We'd been together since I was 14 so it's all I no. Hopefully il find some sort of way to get there

Quote Originally Posted by XxBrokenxX View Post
    Hello, no matter how long yous wer together you will still be so heartbroken. It's a horrible feeling when you still love them and feel for them the same way and the completely change. It's hard to take that in. We have a 4 year old daughter together so still have to keep in contact.

Hope your coping ok with your heartache :/

I'm really sorry to hear about this, especially with your daughter being thrown in. :S *hugs*
    The best I can tell you is to try to get your space as much as you can. Sometimes, the things that we cherish the most can also become the things which hurt us the most to be around...at least, for a while. :S
    But don't focus on anything right now except for that little girl and yourself because, while maybe you can't control that the relationship is over, you can control your life and how your daughter's is handled. That little girl loves you, and she still needs her parent. And you need yourself, as well, to hold yourself in this hour of need... I know it's easier said than done, but do it..because it will get easier. :S
    And I completely agree how terrible it is.. I fell hard for a man who I feel really wanted things to work with me...but who was essentially afraid of relationships, especially when they experienced a rough patch... I won't lie; I still miss him like a starving man misses food. But, every day, I get up, and I try to live my life for me. And I make it through until the next dawn...just like you will.

It gets better, OP. *hugs*