+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How often do you have sex in a relationship?

How often do you have sex in a relationship?

Hi

I've been with my boyfriend for just over a year now and since day one we've only had sex once maybe twice a week if I'm lucky.
    We've never had sex more than once in a day either, we are only 21 I feel like we should be going at it like crazy but it's just never been like that.

I've brought it up with him about 5 times now and nothings changed. I'm so embarrassed that I have to sit down with my boyfriend and tell him to have sex with me... isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

How often do you have sex? have any girlfriends out there felt like this and if so how have you dealt with it?

There is no "normal" amount that you "should" have sex. What matters is that you are both happy and satisfied. If you cannot reach a compromise that you are BOTH happy with then it wont work long term. Me and my bf have sex whenever we both want to. That could be 5-6 times a week some weeks or 1-2 times other weeks. It really depends. Lately I have been a bit depressed and as a result my sex drive is not really there right now. That is also normal for it to go up and down occasionally especially in a long term relationship but I still make an effort to satisfy him.

Have you tried initiating it without talking about it? You could just try to warm him up first whilst watching a film by cuddling, stroking his leg, kissing his neck or sit on top of him and talk and flirt for awhile. See if that helps

But you do need to consider that you may not be compatible and start thinking about whether you want to stay in this relationship
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

It's irrelevant how often others are having sex. If the frequency isn't good enough for you then dump the chump and find another boyfriend. At your age, at this early in a relationship you really should be shagging yourselves silly. And you've already tried talking to him about this problem and no result. It won't get better, it'll get worse. Is this guy dead from the waist down?