+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Mixing Cultures

Mixing Cultures

Until recently, i mainly went for others of similar country as mine, being Polish.
    Most of us are also Roman Catholics.

The last 2 i was interested in were Polish, but they didn't last long and i took a little break to work on myself.

I decided to start my own meetup groups last year, as a way to try new activities with friends i'd meet along the way.

Since then i've taken over 3 (Outdoors, Singles, and Rock Climbing)

I took a friend to one of mine for a hike, where 3 others joined us.
    My friend talked mostly to this Russian girl, while i talked to this Italian, and then we switched back and forth.

Anyways, that hike was quite fun, went to Tim Hortons, ate a little and parted ways.

I would've thought that things would be okay, as i only got a contact number from that Italian to mainly go dancing, and i was fine with that.

That russian would later in the week send me a message from the meetup site about getting info about a Rock Climbing event i posted, and okay, it seems normal enough ... and she would do the belay lesson Tuesday and join us for Wednesday.

Wednesday of last week came, and met a few others that came from the Rock Climbers group, while she noticed it on my Adventure group.

Anyways, she gave me a welcome hug, which was generous, but i didn't talk with her much on the hike, so it was unexpected.

As i was waiting for others to show up, she got partnered with some other belayer, and later i suggested she switch to her friend, but she wrapped her arm around me and we went together, and she even impressed me by almost finishing a 5.9 route on just her 2nd day.

She playful threw a chalk bag at my head, when i wasn't looking.
    I noticed that she was flirting, so when we were resting, i asked her if she'd like to go dancing, and she said, "yes, as long i mainly dance with you" (( wasn't expecting that answer )) ... and she later had a fun time Bouldering, so it was a good day.

Saturday came and she arrived in this very nice Black dress, which i complimented her on.

During the dance lesson, she caught on quite fast, which was impressive, and of course there would be playful gestures and looks between us.

Later in the social, i tried to slowly show her certain leads, so she can grasp other patterns, which was fun, but i also like to dance with other people, so i took a break, and thought she would practice, but i noticed that she wanted to leave ... so she explained why, and i told her that i we could go and sit down and talk, which did at a coffee shop for about 1.5 hours, and it flowed quite nicely and we got to basically talk freely about what we've done in our lives, travels, activities, etc.

As we said our goodbyes after that, i thought she seemed pretty cool, and there might be an interest in continuing to see her, with how she is acting and showing her personality, which is very fun.

P.S. the last time we talked on the phone, she mentioned that she would also go to a rock climbing gym on a Sunday, if i was, and to organize for one that isn't held often, she also signed up for the skiing event and wouldn't mind carpooling with me, and this Saturday we are going to gym which is about 1 hour from her place .. so there have been lots of hints that she is interested in me.

WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON MiXiNG POLISH AND RUSSIAN CULTURES, EVEN THOUGH THE PERSON FITS MY PERSONALITY SOMEWHAT ?

I banged a Polish girl a few times. She was a complete fruitcake. Stil, good in the sack so not a total loss.

I was talking in terms of dating and getting into a relationship, if the 2 cultures would clash even though I like the person?