+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If the guy that i'm seeing wants to see me on Valentine's Day, what would it mean....

If he wants to do something on valentines day - he probably does want some kind of relationship. Maybe more than just sex.
    Not because he is feeling romantic and loving but he would be scared NOT to.
    Valentine's day is a day when women expect a date/candy/roses/a ring/whatever and if a man does not oblige, he doesn't get to live it down anytime soon.
    So romance or mere obligation - Him asking you for a date on V-day is definitely favorable.
    Always remember that YOU are the most important person in your world.

Pity party pity party....debbie downer is at it again.....

Quote Originally Posted by AnErin View Post
    If he wants to do something on valentines day - he probably does want some kind of relationship. Maybe more than just sex.
    Not because he is feeling romantic and loving but he would be scared NOT to.
    Valentine's day is a day when women expect a date/candy/roses/a ring/whatever and if a man does not oblige, he doesn't get to live it down anytime soon.
    So romance or mere obligation - Him asking you for a date on V-day is definitely favorable.

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Well then stop your whining to him while you're away and when you get back ask him to join you at something fun to do ~ Not something at your place. If he doesn't seem happy to go out with you and wants to steer the meet to your place or his (where sex is easier accomplished) then yes he just wants you for sex.

No sense being all whiny and unfun; just steer this to where you want it to go and if he won't be led then just stop talking to him altogether and get yourself out there and stop being lonely and without friends. Join groups, the gym, a co-ed sports team places and things that will introduce you to both males and females so that you're a more rounded/happy individual. Then you'll find someone who finds you interesting to be around.
    Ya i totally agree with you. Thanks so much for all of the tips

Quote Originally Posted by r321148 View Post
    Well you're in a catch 22 then really. By acting the way you are, you're going to put him off even if he does currently have interest. You are trying to gauge how serious he is through how you're being with him and in the process putting him off and making him less serious.... But you don't want to act happy and fun in case he isn't serious, when actually acting happy and fun is likely to make him more attracted to you and hence more serious....

What I'd suggest in your case is try asking him directly where he sees it going? Yes it might scare him away but if you are unhappy with how things are anyway... then so what? If your not OK with being "friends with benefits" then tell him that. Ask him straight up where he see's it going rather than just hinting at it and trying to test out how much he cares.... that's a very long winded game and all it's likely to do is put him off (if he does have interest) and make you unhappy in the meantime.

That being said I'm not sure you should be considering a relationship at the moment anyway...you sound like you need to get your own house in order first or whatever relationship you do end up having won't last very long. From my experience, the first step to a happy relationship is to be happy with yourself.

Good luck with it.
    I understand you and I do agree. I am happy with myself...it's just that I do need to change my attitude. Thanks for the tips I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Emmmz, that was one heck of a pity party you were having there....and you put it on him! I'm not surprised he didn't call you back. Nobody wants to go to a pity party.

You need to give yourself a huge kick up the rear end. Even if you are having a lonely night, don't sound all pathetic about it. You could have just said "I'm just having a quiet night in". When he asked how come you don't text him more often, you could have answered with something flirty instead of going into that awful rant.

Anyway, if he asks you out for Valentines it's a good sign. But you have to get your sh1t together before you can have a good relationship.
    Nice advice. I could agree alot

Not enough information to be able to judge. If you go on some dates with him you'll find out soon enough what he is after. Worth a try.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12