+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revisited

Revisited

• In affairs of the heart, if the quality of a person’s character alone isn’t enough to win you over, then what are you really after?

• As people go about their lives, falling in and out of love, there comes a time for some when they realize that THIS love they have right now is the LAST love they'll ever again have before they die. The French refer to this last love of your life as 'le grand passion'. So, when you find your first love, and the one's who might follow thereafter, keep in mind le grand passion. It will change your outlook on the all the loves you may ever have.

• Not being sure of what you want from a romance can be a wonderful justification for doing or not doing anything you want. That's why ignorance of the law is no excuse.

• Ignorance is bliss. Denial is hell.

• Speak less. Say more.

• Shared dreams become shared destinies.

• It's not how the sex is packaged that matters. It's the sex that's in the package which does.

• Respect someone's position only as long as it doesn't make you disrespect yours.

• Never submit to someone's will. Always surrender to their love.

• Do not give love where you are not loved. Do not take love where you are not loving.

• Don't count on or ask friends to support or comfort you in any way you until you've told them all of what they don't know about you. They love only what they can see of you. What they don't see and what you haven't told them could make a difference.

• Doubts are the vehicles that carry you along in the journey you're on. You can transfer from one doubt to another as if they are little busses going here and there within you and, like a tourist, take wonderful snapshots of the magnificent landscape that is you. Whether you ride with your doubts or let them run over you is up to you.

• Most people don’t really want to know who they are or go through the work of choosing who they become. They’d rather be told who they are by how others regard them and what they appear to be doing.

• What you think it is isn't always what it is. What you believe it is doesn't make it so.

• Whenever you worry about what you're doing with yourself, remember; it's always only you just thinking about you. Trust your conclusions accordingly.

• A coin with two sides is a good metaphor, but the wine glass is a better one. Upright, it is open and receives. Upside-down, it is closed and doesn't. One thing. Two aspects. A little like hurt and anger.

• It's not that men can't read between your lines, sense your moods or take your hints. It's just that they don't want to made to all the time. It makes them nervous about their own capabilities and suspicious of why you keep them guessing. An occasional nod in that direction is always nice, though. It lets you know they're paying attention. Just like being direct and clear with them lets them know you are, too.

• If you feel it but don't say it, you're lying. If you say it but don't feel it, you're also lying. The only question is, who are you lying to?

• Whether he tells you so or not, he likes it when you call him now and then for no particular reason and have nothing to say. He believes it means you're reassuring yourself he's still there for you. Don't disillusion him if you just misdialed. Not right away, anyway.

• He loves you, but you just want to be friends. That of him which he most longs to give you, you do not want. Would you have him struggle to suppress that and protect you from its forces so you can enjoy taking of him only that which you do want? Would you ask this of him in the name of friendship?

• Don't listen to God. Listen for Him.

• It's better to make big mistakes than it is to have big regrets.

• Once you find out what a person is really going through, you’ll be amazed at how well they're doing.
    Last edited by Cybog; 15-08-05 at 03:44 AM.
    Speak less. Say more.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    WHOA!

Bullet points!

That's so cool...

A coin with two sides is a good metaphor, but the wine glass is a better one. Upright, it is open and receives. Upside-down, it is closed and doesn't. One thing. Two aspects. A little like hurt and anger.

Beautiful - Absolutely beautiful! I like it, and I like it a lot!
    That quote is classy - very true, and just mind tantalizingly boggeling!

Thanks for the wisdom!

Hayward - Your full of suprises!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by RSK
    Surprises?

This was not a surprise.

His random nonsensical thread in the Kissing forum, was a surprise.

Fras - Your ill mannered posts that are directed toward me are not only getting very irritating - but old aswell, why do you belittle me? Do you enjoy this? If you do not like me, then you don't even have to respond to me at all, and I won't respond to you, is that a deal? Maybe I've misunderstood you, and if I have then I'm sorry, and please forgive me, but these post bashes directed toward me must stop, thanks.

Doubts are the vehicles that carry you along in the journey you're on. You can transfer from one doubt to another as if they are little busses going here and there within you and, like a tourist, take wonderful snapshots of the magnificent landscape that is you. Whether you ride with your doubts or let them run over you is up to you.
    magnifique, whaywardj.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Fras - Your ill mannered posts that are directed toward me are not only getting very irritating - but old aswell, why do you belittle me? Do you enjoy this? If you do not like me, then you don't even have to respond to me at all, and I won't respond to you, is that a deal? Maybe I've misunderstood you, and if I have then I'm sorry, and please forgive me, but these post bashes directed toward me must stop, thanks.
    This one wasn't "ill mannered" but a number of my other ones have been.

I was wonderin' when you'd take notice.

A coin with two sides is a good metaphor, but the wine glass is a better one. Upright, it is open and receives. Upside-down, it is closed and doesn't. One thing. Two aspects. A little like hurt and anger.

Beautiful - Absolutely beautiful! I like it, and I like it a lot!
    That quote is classy - very true, and just mind tantalizingly boggeling!

Thanks for the wisdom!

Nothing on the page is a quote unless you repeat it. I wrote it all.
    Speak less. Say more.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee
    Surprises?

This was not a surprise.

His random nonsensical thread in the Kissing forum, was a surprise.
    ROFLMAO! Shit. I hate it when people get my number. LOL!
    Speak less. Say more.

RSK, you really need to stop LOOKING FOR the many ways in which other people can offend you. They can do quite well enough offending you on their own, thank you, without any help from you. Fras wasn't even talking to you. He was talking to the group. He just used your words for the sake of keeping continuity. Nor, BTW, was it AT ALL an ill-mannered remark.
    Last edited by whaywardj; 01-08-05 at 07:43 AM.
    Speak less. Say more.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i think it's his way of saying "stop being pointless because other people would like to post and have their posts read also" ... u feel?
    Last edited by tooxshort; 01-08-05 at 08:17 AM.
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Boy! You got good aim, Toox. Just slid that one right through the wires, man. Kudos.
    Speak less. Say more.

What the hell is the point of this thread? What the hell is all that garbage jibberish on the first post?

Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    • In affairs of the heart, if the quality of a person’s character alone isn’t enough to win you over, then what are you really after?
    I believe "whocares?" is the correct answer. I have never been attracted to someone because of their personalities "quality" and I believe it is impossible for me too be.

Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    • Speak less. Say more.
    Best one of them all. I also suggest you listen to this advice next time you want to post something like this.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 01-08-05 at 02:25 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Alot of pretty good and truth quotes! Good work!
    You may not think you are the world of someone, but to someone you are their whole world.

Tone Guest
    Nicely done, Hayward.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast