+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In an internet relationship and being used

In an internet relationship and being used

My friends involved himself with a girl who lives in Southampton. They have a long distance relationship.

He's been with her for a year and in that year she hasn't had a job. He's been sending money to her every week even after he was fired for shooting down to Southampton to see her without telling his work on multiple occasions and taking days off work to speak to her on the phone. He's also bought her expensive gifts at her request, selling his Iphone & Desktop Computer to buy her these gifts. As well as stealing money off his own family and becoming homeless for two weeks after he was kicked out. (She wouldn't let him stay at hers in Southampton)

He's been seeing her more recently lately but he's being asked by her father to pay to 'help' with electricity and gas etc. Even though he was invited down there for week...right on the day he got paid from the job centre (coincidence?) He's also stolen Vodka for junkies so he can get some phone credit. She became pregnant shortly after he lost his job. He came back frm Southampton on Monday and had to walk from the station as she wouldn't lend him the bus fare home. (he spends all his JSA dwn there) which I thought was ****** up. She has also made claims of being raped and stabbed in the past, and has not once come down to see him in the year they've been together, even though he's offered to pay for her train ticket.

Now, my thinking is that he is being used by her? Should he have to pay to stay at her house or is this weird?

Ultimately continuing on with the relationship is your friend's choice. However, you can let him know that you don't approve, and what you think. (I definitely think it sounds like an unhealthy, one-sided relationship)

Don't answer this troll, they posted the same thread under a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by KineticSpinergy View Post
    Ultimately continuing on with the relationship is your friend's choice. However, you can let him know that you don't approve, and what you think. (I definitely think it sounds like an unhealthy, one-sided relationship)
    ^ Great advice! You're awesome in my book already, newb.

cute to see rowen being nice someone

I never really understand long distance relationship (separate from not believing)