+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Moving in

Moving in

Been in a relationship with my current woman for almost 2 years - the next obvious step is to move in together.

We have had issues with our relationship however and every 1 or 2 months we have a couple of days of not talking for one reason or another.

That aside there are a number of issues and I need to know what people think.

She rents and I own my house (with a mortgage).

She has said that she doesn't want to live in my house in its current state and expects me to move in with her in somewhere new. I should put out there is nothing wrong with my house and it's just been decorated, it just isn't to her taste, she doesn't like my kitchen, thinks my neighbour is noisy and thinks my kitchen is small.

She then also has an issue with my daughter (who doesn't live me but I see her every fortnight). I pay every month to her mum and towards fees for when she starts university. My girlfriend says she wants my daughter to get a student loan and doesn't see why she should contribute or be effected if I pay towards my daughters funding. To me my daughter and I come as a package surely and if she had a daughter would she accept me not contributing??

She also expects (should I die) to have the house signed over to her and not my daughter as she claims my daughter currently has a house (with my ex) and therefore it's my girlfriend who would be without a home.

She also says that she would pay towards bills and put money aside and that I will continue to pay the mortgage. IF we failed then she can walk away with some cash and I'd still have my house. IF we succeedd then her money would go toards the mortgage and she can be added to the title deeds (or whatever it is).

My girlfriends childhood and upbringing is very different to my daughters and she is almost jealous of her - she also feels that she didnt need money given to her and she has managed ok so why does my daughter need this 'handout'.

My girlfriend says that if we moved in togetehr we would become 'closer' because at the moment I visit her and stay over but after a couple of days return to my house. She says she feels she is living a single life and although she likes her space with me sh'd not have this so would get out of this negative outlook. She says she would get her 'space' by going away with work, which she does do from time to time.

I'd like people views on this please.

omg do not do it. you need a strong relationship before being in eachothers space all day everyday.