+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wife wants new ring for upcoming 10 year Anniversary

Remember happy wife happy life.....lol

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by 999999 View Post
    I've asked around at work the opinion of others "So my wife and I will be married 10 years---what should I get her" Surprisingly I got responses from a box of chocolates, vacation, dinner and no ring responses.
    Oh, so what? I know a lot of women who DID get jewelry for a 10th anniversary. That has more to do with socioeconomics than whether or not your wife deserves a ring.

To be honest, the more you whine about this, the more I think she probably deserves the ring. Still, I think you should give her something you can give with joy, because if you actually DID give her the gift she wants, you'd make her suffer for it.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Oh, so what? I know a lot of women who DID get jewelry for a 10th anniversary. That has more to do with socioeconomics than whether or not your wife deserves a ring.

To be honest, the more you whine about this, the more I think she probably deserves the ring. Still, I think you should give her something you can give with joy, because if you actually DID give her the gift she wants, you'd make her suffer for it.
    Yep. He should shut the **** up and be grateful he's not single. OK, shes a selfish bitch with a sense of entitlement and she wants something that represents for many people on the planet more than they can earn in a year but that's OK. So get him to empty his wallet for you because you're so worth it aren't you.
    And if she doesn't get him a present well that's ok isn't it. After all, he's only a guy.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Yep. He should shut the **** up and be grateful he's not single. OK, shes a selfish bitch with a sense of entitlement
    Well, HE married her, not me.

This is the thing about men: they CLAIM they want down-to-earth, non-materialistic women, but that's not what they marry. You can't expect a lioness to act like a lamb, just because you put a ring on her finger.

My advice is aimed towards keeping her happy, assuming it is financially feasible, and yes, the way to stay married IS to try to keep your spouse happy. This is a milestone anniversary, coupled with Valentine's Day. A lot of women would hope for something extra-special, and a lot of men wouldn't mind.

Also, he said she doesn't ALWAYS get him a present, which means sometimes she does. Since their anniversary hasn't happened yet, we don't know whether or not she did, but for a tenth anniversary, I'd be surprised if she didn't.

And if she were here complaining about what HE wanted, I would be telling her the same thing.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Unfortunately, vashti is right. This thread does not concern fairness.

Marriage does require both parties to be happy. If it makes her happy and he can afford it, he should either buy it, or expect an unhappy wife.

The fact that not buying it would lead to an unhappy wife IS his own fault for marrying her. He made his bed, and now he needs to lay in it.

Or, y'know, shut up and divorce her for being selfish and materialistic.

Well I would just get her a nice ring! Doesn't matter how big or small! Garnets, Sapphire's, Emeralds. Lots of pretty stones. Just go to the jewelry store and see what they have and catches your eye.

The OP cant afford it. Why is this thread running 3 pages?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattiemae View Post
    Well I would just get her a nice ring! Doesn't matter how big or small! Garnets, Sapphire's, Emeralds. Lots of pretty stones. Just go to the jewelry store and see what they have and catches your eye.
    If this cunt got anything other than a diamond, there would be hell to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by 999999 View Post
    I know may not seem like a biggie. She came home today with ideas of getting a new ring for our soon upcoming anniversary. The rings she is interested in are around 7000-8000$. I know I can afford financially but it just bugs me the thought of having to replace the engagement ring I picked out for her when I proposed. To me it means more than just the cost it is the meaning attached to it. I explained to her how I was feeling and why don't we take a nice trip or something. She just retaliated with "why are you making me feel like I'm a bad person." Now we are just avoiding each other for most of the day. I did try to talk to her but she seems stand offish. It's not like we had a huge blow out...I'm just feeling like blah and somewhat surprised she is behaving like this. Anyway any feedback thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you kindly
    If she wants it then she should pay for half of it, it is rude imo to ask for a new ring since the one she wears was the one blessed at your wedding.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123