+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused and worried.

Confused and worried.

Hi

Basically there's this lady, and I think I may like her. I am 14 and she is 51 (37 year difference). I met her through work. Together we work in this quiet gift shop. I have known her for nearly a year- and for half that time had feelings for her.

Working in a gift shop gives you a lot of time to talk to your other employees. So its not as if we sit at desks all day. When I am around her I feel as though everything I do must be perfect. Sometimes I feel like she feels the same back, sometimes i don't.

I am a girl. So could this be a bisexual/lesbian thing going on? I have had one girlfriend in my life. And many boyfriends. Although I thought I got rid of liking girls. I am a teen so I'm still figuring out who I am.

Do you think I like her- in that way? Could she possibly like me back? Is this wrong? What should I do?

I'm not looking for a relationship with her though. I just want a crush. I think.

She has "flirted " with me sometimes but maybe that is just her being sweet to someone younger than her.

She definitely doesn't look her age. She looks late 30's at the most.

Personally I think you should be alowed to date anyone of any colour, religion, race, gender or age.

What is going on?

Xo

I wouldn't think she's flirting with you, probably just having a laugh because you may as well.

I know you're young so I'm not going to be horrible and harsh. However this can't be. If for some weird reason (which I doubt) she was interested, you would be breaking the law. Well, she would anyway. It is perfectly fine for the two of you to be friends but nothing more.

Is there any harm in me having a small crush on her kept to myself? I mean I'm not one to flirt and Im not planning on telling her. If so how can I stop these feelings?:/ I'm scared..

Well there's nothing wrong as long as nothing happens. But at your age it is perfectly normal. I had crushes then too.

OK this is about weird. The OP does not look to be written by some 14 year old girl, it is probably some old man trying to get off on a weird fantasy.
    Always remember that YOU are the most important person in your world.

She's probably not flirting with you at all but being kind and motherly, that's just your obsessing, fantasy brain seeing it as flirting.

I remember my first day at my job there was this lady that was overly friendly and touchy freely, and I thought she was coming onto me, but I was wrong, it was just the way she was. It turned out she was my husband's high school chum's mother lol.....very religious, soft hearted, and motherly. She has always been that way with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by _galaxy_hipster View Post
    Hi

I'm not looking for a relationship with her though. I just want a crush. I think.

Xo
    Having a crush isn't bad, it's a nice feeling actually, you feel inspired when you admire somebody or like somebody. But I think, she isn't flirting with you, she's a nice person that I believe and why not try to get to know her first? Maybe that's a nice start?

Omg :') that's funny, but sorry to disappoint you-wrong. Aha. I am a 14 year old. Ask me anything a 14 year old would know.