+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Think i was ahead of myself....

Think i was ahead of myself....

Ive been seein this girl for a couple of weeks. Its been goin ok, i feel like i know her well already...but i think that is because i was so desperate to get into another relationship. Shes comin on a bit too strong and i really dont want to get serious with her because i dont think i could love her.
    I feel bad, because i may have led her on. I dont want to do to her what my ex did to me. The snag is ive just moved to a new town and have met most of my friends through her. I have a feelin that they will take a dislikin to me should i hurt her - or it will certainly get uncomfortable with them.

I would really like to either calm things down and not have either of us think it will go further (but this is unlikely cos of her feelings). Or stay friends, because we could be good friends i think had this not happened.

Any advice?

You have to be clear with her. Simple as that. It's good that you know what would be wrong in this case, many guys would have just had their fun and left without saying much.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Quote Originally Posted by jay12
    The snag is ive just moved to a new town and have met most of my friends through her. I have a feelin that they will take a dislikin to me should i hurt her - or it will certainly get uncomfortable with them.

Any advice?
    Tell her the truth, and start looking for some new friends.

Maybe you should start being rude. Not rude enough she doesn't like you but rude enough that she doesn't want to me with you.

(giggle) Yeah, be a man about it...

Jay12---You were desperate to get into another relationship and now that she's reciprocating, you want out?

Well its not just cos she is reciprocating, its just i dont like her THAT much, and i dont think i could love her.