+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ok for girl to ask out guy?

Ok for girl to ask out guy?

So there is this guy who I have some interest in. We are both on the shyer side, but I enjoy talking to him and he tends to seek me out to talk. I'm interested in getting to know him more, but I'm not sure if I should make the first move by asking him out? I tend to prefer it if a guy asks me out first, but this is a great guy and I don't want to miss out on getting to know him. Can a girl ask a guy out? Or should I just wait patiently and see if he makes a move?

. Can a girl ask a guy out? I don't see why not
    and I would be flattered that you were curious.

Or should I just wait patiently and see if he makes a move

Unless he is not reading your body language and doesn't
    know that you to approach him, you'll be waiting a long time.

You might think, that he would have a clue, but some just
    don't know, so better to take your chances.
    Last edited by Kromat83; 13-02-14 at 02:22 AM.

Go for it I wish more girls were like you I think it's hot for a girl to take charge

I have asked lots of guys out with np. It's way easier for us ladies than guys.

Of course you should ask him out. A shy guy would love it if a girl made the first move.

I used to do that at first asking guys out so nothing wrong with that, but than as I got older found out the rules had to change. The respectable healthy men we're the one's that pursued me. lol I think it is a good experience, but it's a funny thing, because I've learned so much since than about relationships and men. Maybe it doesn't really matter, just know that I've seen alot of woman go after men, and get hurt because they really never knew for sure whether they guy really was interested in them. It might be old fashioned, but for some reason I learned men like to feel good about themselves, and as woman we can become dominate and the leaders of the relationship. Usually the times I sought out men, they weren't leaders, and more were lazy and irrisponsible in alot of areas of their lives like house cleaning, finances, keeping a job, yard work, paying bills. Some men just want to play and have a girlfriend that does all the work, thinking, and leading. Just depends on whether you want to carry all the weight in the relationship. Not saying this is true in every situation or circumstance, but that was my experience.

The trick is, if you're going to do the initial asking is to not fall into the habit of ALWAYS being the one pursuing. There is no harm in asking him out but there certainly is in being the only one that is showing interest or the only one initiating the advancement of that first invite.

If he is interested then he'll let you know in actions like asking you out the next time, texting you first without you initiating further contact etc.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    The trick is, if you're going to do the initial asking is to not fall into the habit of ALWAYS being the one pursuing. There is no harm in asking him out but there certainly is in being the only one that is showing interest or the only one initiating the advancement of that first invite.

If he is interested then he'll let you know in actions like asking you out the next time, texting you first without you initiating further contact etc.
    This.

Its okay for a chic to ask a guy out but most of the time the chic will be the one initiating contact and pursuing the relationship and you don't want that to happen. Men seem to treat you better when they pursue you because they like you and went after you. I always say show yourself interested, let it be known your available and is open to whatever and then let him pursue you.

Some girls like calling the shots, so a passive guy would be right for them....so it's not a negative things for some. It all depends on your expectations. Not every shy guy is gonna sit there like a lump, and not make suggestions. Every person is going to be different, and why not....this would be a boring world without these kinds of challenges.

Girls should not ask guys out. If that happens next women will demand the right to vote, drive cars etc and then where will we be?