+ Follow This Topic

Thread: he likes me more than i like him? I feel so guilty and confused about how I feel!

he likes me more than i like him? I feel so guilty and confused about how I feel!

Hi guys! Just joined this site. Anyway....

So I'm 18. And being in a relationship was something i thought i never had to worry/stress about until now. I was asked out by someone who was a friend and really likes me. I thought i may have had a small crush on him but didn't really like him, anyway i thought i'd say yes since (this will sound bad) i'd take a chance, have a first date in my life and experience something new. Plus, this is the only guy to have EVER asked me out so i thought if i don't say yes, when will the next chance come?

Anyway it turns out he really, incredibly, terrifyingly and unbelievably likes me. A lot. it's insane. and i'm terrified. After a few dates i thought i started to have feelings, then when he told me how he felt i kind of just froze and was stunned. I kind of felt guilty as well. it's the first time i'm dating, so i was hoping to take things slow and see if i grow to like him more and what happens. but this news has completely terrified me.

Everytime we're out he always wants to make out with me and sometimes i just don't feel like it. Is that weird? Also, i don't FEEL anything when we kiss. he texts me all the time, especially when i'm studying and i purposefully ignore them because it gets overwhelming at times. I feel so guilty for it. i'm constantly busy as well so and he works so it's hard to find time to hang out.

Basically, i need advice because i don't know how i feel or what to do. Should i just go along and sit through the ride and see how things go? or is it wrong of me to be dating someone who likes me so much when i think i may like them, but just wanna see how things go? basically, i want to take the relationship slow but he's pretty serious in it i think. I'm terrified, scared, confused and so guilty and thinking about this leaves me in a constant mess. We're going out tomorrow, should i tell him how i feel? or will it just hurt him? The advice will be great!

It seems he may just be going to fast, and forceful with his hormones rushing. That is normal and happens alot in younger relationships. Emotional, mental, spiritual, physical boundaries. Sometimes even happens with older people. It is all quite new to you as you stated.

He seems maybe he is a sensitive person, and gets easily emotionally attached. Doesn't mean he's bad, but doesn't know to slow down. Really you have to tell him you like him, but you need to slow down. He's going to fast and it's make you feel uncomfortable. It's important for you to be clear about how things feel to you. Whether it feels safe or not, whether it is uncomfortable or comfortable. You can't worry about hurting his feelings. They may get hurt, but he learns what those boundaries are if he wants to be with you, and learns to respect you.

If you feel he is to much, maybe not the person you need in your life at this time. It doesn't make him bad or good, just what it feels like to you. Any time you feel it's not right, it is your warning signal so it is time to set a boundary with the other person. Do what is best for you. If someone really cares about you, and loves you they will never pressure you, or demand you be a certain way. They will respect you more for being honest and telling them the truth, than leading them on any further.

Either way you can stay or go in this relationship. One you will learn to set boundaries, and what feels right or wrong to you. Relationships teach you life lessons, but based on your choices. How you respond, react, and communicate to another person. If you let go you are also learning those same lessons in another way. Loving who you are, and knowing what is best for you. Either way it is always about making healthy choices for you, growing and developing and becoming the best you. Never feel guilty or shameful for being honest and open. Trust you more than anyone else.