+ Follow This Topic

Thread: HELP lesbian falling for a girl with a boyfriend

HELP lesbian falling for a girl with a boyfriend

Hey so about 2 months ago my friends and I took a trip to Vegas to celebrate all our birthdays.. We decided one night to hit up a lesbian bar for me bc my friends are straight, so they're cool enough to want me to have a little fun. Anyway while there, I came across a pretty attractive female, and of course she had to be the only girl in the place with a boyfriend. We talked a bit and came to find out that she used to date only women, but her bf was so persistent she just gave in.. Anyways they have been together for about a year but this is the kicker.. I'm from New York and her boyfriend is from New York, she explained she planned on moving out here, so we exchanged numbers and since then we've communicated almost everyday.. It's so weird but I found out she's moving to where I work in queens.. Anyways during the past two months we both really got to know each other, I admitted that I was crushing on her. And she explained that she really just needs a friend out here. So I apologized and told her that she is completely friend zoned and that I'm here. But I get mixed signals she sends me pictures of herself from time to time, and when we talk on the phone our conversations last hours, it's like we both can't get enough of talking to each other, and my last clue is that she often complains about her boyfriend to me, how he can be so mean to her and cheap. She also told me a few things I wish I hadn't known bc I really lost a lot of respect for this guy. Anyway she is moving here in less than two weeks. I don't know if I'm gonna be able to be just friends with her. I'm starting to develop deep feelings. Idk what to do someone please help!!!

Just be honest with her is all you can do, then she can decide where to go with it. Just a tip: some people embellish on their stories about the troubles in their relationship for the attention it gets them, so take her complaints about her BF with a grain of salt. You really don't know a whole lot about this person's past, or who she really is, so be cautious. She might be willing to cheat on her BF, but still never leave him which would mess you up....so don't get yourself too invested in this. She could turn out to be a serial liar, so slow it down, take your time getting to know her.

You might want to figure out one other over-looked problem that no one talks about -
    OK there is this whole "gay marriage" crap going on. Some states have it and others do not.
    If your state does have it, find out also about your state's common law marriage laws. I mean does common law apply if two dudes or two chicks shack up if gay marriage is allowed?

You do not really want to be caught in some common law crap and she REALLY does not since she is not into the whole lesbian lifestyle thing.
    Always remember that YOU are the most important person in your world.

Really? was that rant necessary? Who gives a crap about that. Totally off topic.

I think you will end up getting hurt if you keep talking to her while she is unavailable. You should tell her it's best if you don't talk anymore, because you are developing feelings and you don't want to get hurt. Tell her to give you a call if she ever changes her mind about dating you. She'll understand.