+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donation Tab

Donation Tab

What does it get a member who chooses to donate?
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

gratefoo ruveadmin

Some ideas i can think of:

1. Membership status change from 'Registered user' to 'Premium user' + color change
    2. Increase in private messages allowance for inbox
    3. Can customise own Profile
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

They should be able to lock their own threads or re-open them if locked too.

Quote Originally Posted by hatesthis View Post
    They should be able to lock their own threads or re-open them if locked too.
    Sound good, i will have this included.

It would be nice if the forum regulations, like avoiding swearing or offending people would be respected, or if the ones who hold a position of responsibility on the forum would try to rectify the situation.
    Last edited by Valixy; 24-02-14 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valixy View Post
    It would be nice if the forum regulations, like avoiding swearing or offending people would be respected, or if the ones who hold a position of responsibility on the forum would try to rectify the situation.
    Are you still upset because of what KingZ said in your thread? I mean you reported it 3 times over the period of about 8 hours, which I was probably at work or sleeping.

Here is how it works Valixy. We respond to reports when we get a chance, and browse the forums when we can as well. There are two of us and hundreds of you, and there are VERY few people who actually report posts. When something is reported, we do our best to take care of it. The only reports I ever see from you are ones that insult you directly. If you want to see the regulations upheld, become part of the solution and use the tools available to report ALL posts you see that are offensive, not just the ones that attack you directly.
    Last edited by Over The Fence; 24-02-14 at 01:57 PM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    NOOOOOO !

Don't report EVERY post. What is this, a new police state?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Donation Tab

If you donate you should be able to not have to see the quote of the month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Over The Fence View Post
    use the tools available to report ALL posts you see that are offensive, not just the ones that attack you directly.
    You have been reported to the mods.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    NOOOOOO !

Don't report EVERY post. What is this, a new police state?
    We won't act on many of them. Most of the reports are BS squabbles in threads, but there are some offensive posts that should be reported that aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by goodmorning View Post
    If you donate you should be able to not have to see the quote of the month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    is the 'quote' too big on the iphone which is the issue?

Thanks you for your suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Over The Fence View Post
    Are you still upset because of what KingZ said in your thread? I mean you reported it 3 times over the period of about 8 hours, which I was probably at work or sleeping.

Here is how it works Valixy. We respond to reports when we get a chance, and browse the forums when we can as well. There are two of us and hundreds of you, and there are VERY few people who actually report posts. When something is reported, we do our best to take care of it. The only reports I ever see from you are ones that insult you directly. If you want to see the regulations upheld, become part of the solution and use the tools available to report ALL posts you see that are offensive, not just the ones that attack you directly.
    Thank you for sticking to the facts. I have reported kingz's rude post on my thread Writing Contest 3 times over a period of 3 days followed by a 4th request to close my account which has been discussed with the Admin.

I have been on this forum for almost a year and if my memory isn't failing I reported a post that was offending a poster and his wife, two posts that I considered racist and the last post that you mentioned and was on my thread. I can't think of any other post I reported unless I clicked on Report Post by mistake.

I appreciate that kingz's post has been deleted and also the courtesy and professionalism I have encountered.
    Last edited by Valixy; 25-02-14 at 04:00 AM.

Surely you can appreciate the difference between harmless funny trolling and actually offensive posts, though? I mean, I get it that in this case you took it personally because it was in your thread, that's understandable, but when similar posts don't concern you directly, I don't think you (the general you now) should report them. It's like when they kept banning Imma. Sigh.

^^^ First, I have been far from having a perfect intervention on the forum myself and I am aware of it, but I'm learning and will not repeat certain mistakes.

What bothers me or doesn't from the posts I read or the kind of humour I appreciate, it's my business, but it would be pretty pathetic to spend my time reporting posts. It's not in my character but if that was indeed the case, the considerations addressed to me on this occassion would be quite unpleasant to read most probably. Besides people are responsible for what they post and how they treat others, and if someone doesn't like it they can always ignore, reply back and stand for themselves, report or look for a different forum where they are better treated. It's obvious though that there are more possibilities for people (new/old users) to donate if they are treated with a bit of consideration.

P.S. If some people don't mind being sworn at, hopefully those who like to swear will at least make the effort to choose the adequate threads for doing that.
    Last edited by Valixy; 25-02-14 at 03:59 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast