+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confusion and Relationship Breaks

Confusion and Relationship Breaks

Hi! I'm new here...

I was just looking for some advice...

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 2 to 3 years now, but he wanted to take a relationship break with no contact. I'm not sure how long it's supposed to last, and I don't think he has plans to date someone else.

It's been about a week... I've already been through a lot of emotional pain this week, and I'm not sure if I can take another week of this "in between" state - in between a relationship and a break-up. I don't know if I should start moving on... because I'm still holding out and waiting for him to get back to me. I care about this person a lot but I'm becoming more and more confused.

I want to give him the space he needs... but I'm feeling a lot of pain right now . I just want a definite answer - either staying together or breaking up. I don't want to be in a "break" state anymore. I kind of told him that... but he's kind of ignoring me right now...

I'm starting to have more and more doubts, such as "Is he just trying to get me to break up with him so he gets to avoid making the decision....?"

I'm just confused.... and getting more hurt.

I'm not sure if anyone has any experience like this before....?

But I really really hate this concept of a relationship "break". I do not recommend it.

I would move on. hes ignoring you and wants a break so something is up. tell him the break isn't working for you and that your going to move on. If he replies then you'll know where u stand and if he ignores you, then start moving on.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

I never would have agreed to a break without a reason for it. Contact him and tell him you are not liking this.. and would maybe understand more if he tells you the reason for this break.. tell him if he doesn't give you an answer, that you are going to take that as meaning he broke up with you and you are moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceuponatime View Post
    My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 2 to 3 years now, but he wanted to take a relationship break with no contact.....and I don't think he has plans to date someone else
    You must be really naive to believe that he doesn't have plans to date someone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onceuponatime View Post
    I'm starting to have more and more doubts, such as "Is he just trying to get me to break up with him so he gets to avoid making the decision....?"
    You know better, but you just not accepting it.