+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Social Media and Relationships

Social Media and Relationships

Hello Loveforum

This guy I have been dealing with is trying to now pursue a relationship with me. He is on Instagram and so am I. We recently starting following one another. My pics are mostly of me and my friends and my son of course. I will say that my pics are nice and I get a lot of likes. No big issue there. I was looking through his pictures and he has a couple of pics with some girls. Most of them say that that they're his friends and they're are all hanging out. No big issue there. One he has is bothering me and I want to confront him. He has his arms around this girls waist and stating that he is spending time with this beautiful woman, which is an overrated statement. I don't like that at all. The pic was posted in October and this is when I first met him. There was other pics with him and a group of girls and he said he enjoys beautiful women. I am not bitching over that because it doesn't seem personal at all but this other one with his arms around her waist is clearly personal because he hug all over me like that in public. It had to be something. I am just unsure because then he posted a pic of a meal he had prepared and posted it. She asked if she could get some of his cake. He replied, yes if she ever came to visit the state that we live in. I think he was talking to her at one point and maybe still is. I started following her and she has nothing posted about him. Then on Valentines day, she posted that she was taking herself out and as women we have to learn how to make ourselves happy when we are single. I know they don't date obviously, and maybe they met when he visited her State 4 months ago and then he met me. Well I knew of him before but we didn't get personal until about 4 or so months ago. I am just really not liking that pic. My friend told me I should just let that one ride because maybe they did talk but it doesn't seem serious.

I just don't know. If I was to post a pic of me and a guy hugging, I don't think he would like it. In fact, I know he would text me or make a snide joke but be serious at the same time.

I have had a slight attitude about this whole thing. It's like he enjoys the attention, comments and likes from the ladies. He then asked one girl what City she lived in. Why is he wanting to know? Am I overreacting or does Social Media just change things and brings out the truth? He's flirting and I don't like it. He always gets females comments on how good looking he is, like he posts the pics for that attention. Is there a thin line between social media and relationships. If we become serious, that pic has to come down and the good morning ladies will have to cease. Also, he posted a art picture saying that you find out if people really love you once you make them mad or something like that. Some tramp in Florida posted and said something smart like, wow...really? He simply said, chill out. What the hell is up with that and this was six weeks ago??? It just seems personal and I am really considering if I want to be with him.

Edited to add, that yes this is the same guy I have been dealing with from his bday bash, to his ignoring me and now he is trying to be with me.
    Last edited by ChloeGirl; 19-02-14 at 10:44 AM.

You're getting your knickers in a twist over this guy and you've not even met yet in that place that we grown ups refer to as 'the real world'.
    Good luck with that then.

I don't get it. I do live in the real world and he and I have met and we do see each other in person often. I am confused by what you mean. Are you saying that I am overreacting or we are not mature because we care about what's on instagram?

Really just leave the pic alone. Like my brother he is in a band, and has pic's from the last four years with his ex-girlfreinds. He just is to lazy to take them off. lol So yes I know lot's of guys online that just are to lazy to go through pic's and remove them. Really if you know the guy offline, you should be able to tell if he's serious about you, if he's paying attention to you. Spending time with you etc. You never really win a guy, by pointing out how many woman maybe attracted to him, or on his page. He'll just think you are being jealous. So even though things make you uncomfortable understand it depends on how he treats you offline, does he look at other woman when he's with you? Does he flirt with other women in front of you? Does he talk about other women? Did you ask him in the begining if he had a girlfriend? It's more important he's honest with you, but you should feel comfortable enough to ask him what ever you like. But bringing up pic's really doesn't say much. Online is a flirting game on social networks. Really you can't compare yourself or be jealous of every woman just because they poke him, or leave a comment. If you seeing her post things about how she loves him etc. I can see you're worries. But you stated there was nothing on her page. So really online you will be jumping at every woman that goes near him, if you're jealous the type, and it will push him away.