+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time to call it quits...?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnybeach7 View Post
    You are not helping yourself in thinking this way. Date other girls.. try that one you think has a thing for you. You don't know these girls, how can you consider them just "ok"? Unless you are basing everything on looks?
    Nah, it's not like that. Actually, if we're going by looks, I think this girl from school is actually pretty cute, and has a very attractive body. I hate going by looks, though, because then it feels like the motivation is sex, and I feel bad for wanting sex, because that just feels "wrong" to me.

I tend to base things on personality. If we want to discuss why this girl is only "okay" to me, it has to do a lot with the fact that I want to be with a girl who's not the bubbly "girly" girl type, but not a total "tomboy". The girl I actually had feelings for was pretty much the perfect middle ground. She was a very nice, caring person, but she was also very stern, straightforward, unabashed, and independent. This girl from class sits more in the "bubbly girly girl" range, from what I've seen, and thus, I only really think of her as "okay".

I suppose if I have a chance to talk to the girl from school when there's nobody else around (which probably isn't very likely), I could maybe try asking her out. As someone who overthinks stuff, though, I wonder how I should go about doing that. I mean, she's chatted with me a couple times, but I've barely said much to her at all; so would it be weird if I asked her out? Should I spend the next couple of weeks trying to chat with her a little before I ask her out? And if/ when I actually ask her out, should I actually ask her on a date, or should I just ask for her number to contact her later, or what? I don't really know how this stuff "normally" works.

First of all, the women types limits you to finding someone that is compatable with you. Most people find out their type, ends up not being their type. Personality wise she should have the same values, belief system, be like minded, same morals, and be a healthy individual for you that is positive. Doesn't matter whether she is yellow, green, blue, rich or poor, or any other stereotype we can place on someone.

Independent wise: Knows herself and won't be dependent on you emotionally, spiritually, physically, mentally. She won't be obssessed with you, expect you to entertain her, and be high maintance.

Bubbly type, happy, carefree, friendly! Lol they're all good qualities. Tomboy: not afraid to get her hands dirty, worried about her finger nails breaking, not afraid to go fishing, hunting, dirt bike riding, going on adventures. Which are good qualities.

Really just get to know different types, until you find the right one that gets along with you, can communicate, and not be harsh, degrading, and cruel. All kinds of women out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post

I suppose if I have a chance to talk to the girl from school when there's nobody else around (which probably isn't very likely), I could maybe try asking her out. As someone who overthinks stuff, though, I wonder how I should go about doing that. I mean, she's chatted with me a couple times, but I've barely said much to her at all; so would it be weird if I asked her out? Should I spend the next couple of weeks trying to chat with her a little before I ask her out? And if/ when I actually ask her out, should I actually ask her on a date, or should I just ask for her number to contact her later, or what? I don't really know how this stuff "normally" works.
    Don't worry about how stuff "normally" works. Who gets to say what is normal anyway? There's nothing wrong with just saying, "I enjoy talking with you, wonder if you would consider going out with me so we could learn a little more about each other". Yes, you're overthinking things .. but I know too that it's easier said than done. Just build up your confidence and do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12