+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where are we going with this?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMadam View Post
    Im pleased i had the talk now. Once everything has settled in my mind. I completely understand everything - especially with his parents.

Nothing seems to have changed between us.
    He kept asking to explain more when i told him i really enjoyed spending time with him.
    Why would he want a further explanation to that do you think?

I think he is pleased we have had that talk too. He seemed it. Even though it was slightly awkward, i think we are both understanding things a little better.
    Did you tell him you love him?

BTW: Don't ever feel bad about communicating your wants and needs. It's door mat behaviour not to. What? If you didn't talk to him you'd go on under ambiguous terms forever? That's not healthy for you and as long as you enable him to NOT advance the relationship then he won't when he's already getting things that satisfy him as is so do not feel anxious for talking to him about any of this. Afterall if he doesn't advance anything you need to be prepared to either except things on his terms or leave him outright and find someone who will give you the whole enchallada.

Leave it for now and readdress down the line if nothing seems to be progressing.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 23-02-14 at 06:38 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

No i didnt tell him i loved him. I do. But i dont think i should tell him that yet.

Yeah you have a point in door mat behaviour if i didnt tell him my wants and needs. I am pleased i did talk to him.

- - - Updated - - -

Well yes, that is spot on. If i sat back and said nothing, we may never move forward

I think an "I love you" was what he may have been fishing for when he wanted you to explain about enjoying being in his company. Just my guess though.

Good luck, hope it works out for you.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Uhh i didnt want to come on too strong! Wish i had said it now!

Thank you :-)

Say it when it seems right to YOU. I'm just some opinionated, opinionator type stranger from the interwebs.

Wellll....so far this is the longest we have gone withot any form of contact. Hmmm

Oh, don't start that now. Don't let your imagination start running away with you. You can help to not let your imagination run away with you by realizing that if that little conversation you had with him makes him bolt then he wasn't in it with you for the right reasons to begin with and it's best you find out now rather then later.

When a man wants you, he won't be frightened by a little convo like that.

Keep in mind that he may just be processing everything and men tend to "cave" when they have to figure things out.

Have you ever read the book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" It gives a good read on how different men and women act regarding processing their own stuff. They tend not to be like so many of us women who want to talk to anyone who will listen about what we're thinking/feeling.

Just chillax. Keep busy and don't give up your friends and the things you like to do while you chill.

No i havent read that book. I might order a copy.
    I have been telling myself he is probably processing it all.
    I am just leaving him to it either way.

Yup, definitely better to find out if hes going to do a shoot now, rather than later.

Had contact. I can rest again now. All seems good

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12