+ Follow This Topic

Thread: At a loss and really confused...

At a loss and really confused...

Ok so I began dating a girl in October and it took roughly 8 to 10 weeks before we committed to anything (the boyfriend/girlfriend titles). I am still seeing this girl now and have become quite attached to her and I really like her. It has began to get to me slightly lately that it has and always has been me arranging to meet her or fitting things around her life but that isn't the real issue here. The issue lies with emotional attachment I guess. I mention to her alot that I really like her and that I appreciate having her in my life and how beautiful she is. Occasionally I slip in the 'L' word too. That being said when I do say these things via text she either doesn't acknowledge them or will just change the subject and this is beginning to get to me a little bit. I have occasionally brought up the subject with her to which she tells me I'm being silly etc and that she doesn't intentionally blank what I say. It's got to the point now where I am scared to bring anything like that up again for fear of an argument or a falling out. I don't like the continous feeling of keeping guess how she feels as she never opens up emotionally. I'm beginning to feel a little unwanted and like her play thing that she just picks up to make her feel good about herself.

What should I do?and what might she be thinking?

She has told you already..albeit with her actions.. When you throw in the L word, she ignores it. Red flag!!! do not use it now...creepy!! Enjoy what you have for now..

She doesn't love you back. It's really that simple.

Also, be careful of dating someone who dismisses your concerns as "silly". They may be silly to her, but they are important to you and she's not recognising this.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I have been in this exact same situation. My advice? Just ask her what her expectations of you are. You need to know that so you can be on the same page. If you don't ask, she could be flirting with other guys while you stay faithful, but she still doesn't owe anything to you because you haven't established any expectations. If she just wants to keep things casual, but you want something more, then you have two options; you can try to work something out in which both of your needs are met, or you can end it just then. Sometimes relationships end because two people want different things, and that is sad but its better to end it early than get really hurt later.