+ Follow This Topic

Thread: my girlfriend is disappointed in me

my girlfriend is disappointed in me

I had been talking about getting a apartment on my own. My girlfriend knew the lady who was renting out a place. I talked to the lady and she offered it to me but I said I wanted to wait a week before I made my decision.

I talked about my girlfriend and I decided not to take it because I thought it would be better to wait to move in with someone because it would be cheaper.

Instead of calling the lady right away I took my time. I stalled for over a week. The lady happened to then call my girlfriend and asked what was going on

My girlfriend called and was upset saying I was inconsiderate and lied about how I said I had called her

she is right about me being inconsiderate. I always put stuff off til the last minute and i don't know why. It's just something i do.I have always done it. I don't do it to be a jerk, I just shove it off to the side.

I can tell she is really disappointed in me.

Any idea what I could do? I don't want to lose her over this

Quote Originally Posted by johnrice View Post
    I had been talking about getting a apartment on my own. My girlfriend knew the lady who was renting out a place. I talked to the lady and she offered it to me but I said I wanted to wait a week before I made my decision.

I talked about my girlfriend and I decided not to take it because I thought it would be better to wait to move in with someone because it would be cheaper.

Instead of calling the lady right away I took my time. I stalled for over a week. The lady happened to then call my girlfriend and asked what was going on

My girlfriend called and was upset saying I was inconsiderate and lied about how I said I had called her

she is right about me being inconsiderate. I always put stuff off til the last minute and i don't know why. It's just something i do.I have always done it. I don't do it to be a jerk, I just shove it off to the side.

I can tell she is really disappointed in me.

Any idea what I could do? I don't want to lose her over this

Just apologize and make sure you start taking care of business when someone else is involved. Actually this might be a good opportunity to do this all the time

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post
    Just apologize and make sure you start taking care of business when someone else is involved. Actually this might be a good opportunity to do this all the time
    i know i screwed up. i don't know what my problem is

Simple......apologize...i hope you don't have a track record on this

Just make a To Do list in your phone or something. Pick a day to get stuff done. It's called taking care of business

why does it matter to your girlfriend? did it affect her in anyway?

Now that you see the repercussions for your laziness, and how it affects those around you, how about working on that, and break this bad habit of yours. Saying your sorry isn't going to cut it anymore.

If she leaves you for this then she doesn't care about you, especially if it's a one time thing. now if you ahve done this multiple times, that's different!

Has this been a pattern in your relationship that she has repeatedly asked you to stop? If not, then I can't see how this would be enough to dump you just because of one little mistake. Especially considering it really isn't THAT big of a deal. I mean, yes, if you said you wanted a week to think about it, you should have called at least within that timeframe. Especially considering this wasn't just any rental place, this was a person your girlfriend actually knows.

If I were you, I would just take this as an important life lesson, and a very important wake-up call. If you ask me, if this could be the wake-up call you need to learn to take care of things in a more timely fashion, then you are certainly getting off easy. Better to come to this realization over a minor thing like this than to really screw up with something very important.

As it is, unless stuff like this has been an ongoing issue in your relationship, I'm sure she is slightly disappointed in you for delaying, but I doubt she'd be so disappointed that it would hinder your relationship. Just sincerely apologize, promise to be better about this kind of thing, then actually deliver on said promise.

First of all you have to apologize.... Try to talk with her..