+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to ask her to not contact me anymore ?

How to ask her to not contact me anymore ?

So my ex GF will text me out of the blue every once in a while. Usually it's just general stuff seeing how I'm doing etc. Last week after six weeks of no contact I get a text about her car that needed work, months ago I told her that needed to be taken care of. We exchanged a few simple texts again, that was it I thought. Then this past Sunday she texts again, and we ended up texting all night. Her texts to me seemed to be if she was fishing for compliments "you know I'm a nice person ?" "You know how I am better than most". It was enjoyable and of course I got some feelings stirring up again, because I do really care for her ! At the end of conversation I told her it was odd that she wanted to text and talk, but I did enjoy it, her response was "I was nervous all night, and I enjoyed it also"

So next day I asked if she was seeing anyone, and why after six weeks no contact she comes back in my life ? I have not received a response on either simple questions. So now I'm not sure what to to think ? I do know I can't keep doing this unless I get some kind of straight answers from her.
    So my question is how do I go about telling her either tell me what your thinking or please leave me alone ?
    I don't want to be mean at all, but just seems she doesn't get how her contacting me whenever she sees fit affects me and stirs up feelings again.
    Any help in any area would be greatly appreciated !
    Thank you

Next time she texts, you should answer: "I don't know if you are aware, but your contacting me whenever you see fit affects me and stirs up feelings again. I need to recover from this relationship and for this reason I need to ask you to no longer contact me. I'm sure you will understand".

If she doesn't like it, tough luck to her.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

be silent.she will automatically stop.

Simply dont respond to her texts.
    It seems she gets lonely and comes crawling to you.

Just ignore,ignore, ignore. She will sharp get bored.

I once dated a guy who text me whenever he feels like contacting me, which can be two weeks to three weeks in-between. So i stop responding to his text. He choose to email and i also didn't respond. Then he called, but i also didn't pick his call. At this point in time, i already deleted his number and email address. So, at the end he ended up being the "Fool".

(Besides, i really don't like text-messages. I prefer to call, but i do text only when its really necessary and important.)

Thank you for your replies.
    I'm going to tell her I don't want anymore contact from her, from now on. Hopefully she will be mature and respect me for once ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dante072 View Post
    I'm going to tell her I don't want anymore contact from her, from now on. Hopefully she will be mature and respect me for once ?
    Silence is better but whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Dante072 View Post
    Respect you for once? Assume this means she's not respected you in the past?

If so, she probably won't respect you now. Just go silent and start ignoring calls.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

The occasional "what's up with you text" is okay imo but a night of texting is odd and only is on her terms never yours. I don't think you need to ignore her right now she seems to be doing a good job ignoring you again for maybe another 6 weeks again? whenever she has no one else to talk too or breaks up with a new guy who knows. Just take her last ignoring you as a sign to give it back now. If she texts asking why silent then text we shouldn't talk anymore, have a nice life, take care and goodbye!

Sounds like to me which happens alot is things go sour, you break up, and find out you miss each other and either clear up the issues or move on. If she wasn't interested, she wouldn't be texting you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattiemae View Post
    . If she wasn't interested, she wouldn't be texting you.
    This ^^^ is the biggest line of bullShite from you yet.

Just because someone is texting you it certainly does not mean that they are "interested" in getting back together or that they are interested in anything more then your attention without commitment.
    You yourself, Mattie are one of the ones that keep ex's around for the attention and not much more.

@ OP: Best thing to do is just not answer her. People like her soon move off when they aren't getting their ego boost from you.

She said things to you like:
    "You know how I am better than most" and...
    "you know I'm a nice person"

She's an attention whore. Normal, healthy people don't need to say things like that about themselves for goodness sakes. Just ignore her and she'll soon go away. Block her if she doesn't.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

She is now deleted and blocked from all forms of contact. She could still go through mutual friends, hopefully not. Only other way would be for her to write a letter, and does anyone know how to do that anymore really ? Lol
    Thank you all for the advice !!