+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love stories?

Love stories?

Hey Everyone,
    I’ve kind of stumbled into this place and I’m in need of some help. I’m working on a physical theatre piece about what moments we find as loving moments, things like sitting on a bench together or meeting the person of your dreams and not being able to sleep because of it. I would be really interested if anyone here would like to share with me some experiences. It can be as reserved or as open as you feel comfortable with. The stories will NOT be used in the Show as it has no words and i will make all material anonymous before other actors even look at the stories. The reason I’m asking is because i want real stories and i would like to base some of the movement from the stories (I’ve collecting 100 stories so we will be looking at touching moments to embody). Please message me if you have a story you want to share
    Thanks guys

You won't find loving moments on this forum. This is an advice forum for troubled relationships. You should be posting in the off topic or water cooler section. Ask the female, etc is reserved for people who need help with their relationships.

Thread moved.

cool thanks mate

Nice post....................................

I'll give you one, despite the fact that the relationship is long over... :S

One night, Dave (my now-ex-boyfriend since parting on good terms) and I were over at his apartment. This was on the night before my last night in Pennsylvania (I had to go to college). He wanted to cook for me, and since I had never had sauerkraut, Dave told me he wanted to make me his mother's recipe of pork and sauerkraut. I had never used a pressure cooker before (My family doesn't even have one), so he was in charge of that. But I wanted to help him with the rest of it, so I did what I could to get him some of the ingredients and all. And the entire time we just talked as if we knew one another our entire lives. We could laugh and carry on, and it just felt right..like his little one bedroom apartment was home.

Eventually, he had to use the bathroom, so I stood and watched the cooker. However, after knowing that it was the item used in the explosions at the Boston marathon, I was a bit hesitant, needless to say. But I took a picture of it with my phone because I thought it'd make a funny story to tell my cousin later. And that was when he came back. He could see I was uneasy and starting to back away from it as the little ticker thing on the top started to move, and he laughed, asking if it scared me. Then he wrapped his arms around me tightly and kissed my forehead, as if to let me know that nothing would harm me as long as he was around. And I loved that; I just lost myself in the warmth of his arms...well, until he playfully teased me (It was something we used to do a lot) by suddenly saying "BOOM!" loudly. It made me jump, but it also made me hold onto him tighter. And we just smiled at one another, laughing, and I kissed him, putting my arms around his neck to pull him in. :S

His phone went off, so he went to make sure it wasn't any family members. But when he came back, he was making this really goofy face, like he was deranged, so I pushed the hair back on the top of his head to make it stand up. And I took a picture of him with that face, which after looking at it, he said jokingly, "You will delete that right now." Still, I kept it because I told him he looked cute in it, and that picture became another joke between us. After that, though, I asked him if I could take a picture of us together, and he was really happy to do that. We put our arms around one another and took the picture, and he laughed like a mad scientist after that while looking at us. But he said he loved that picture, and I did too. We kissed again...ate dinner, went out on the deck so he could have a cigarette, and the whole time outside we were holding hands lovingly and talking gently about how we felt about one another- how happy we were. There was just that magic between us, with nothing but the late-summer bugs as background music.

That night, I spent the night, and it was the one of the happiest moments of my life. It wasn't sexual- he just let me have his side of the bed, and we cuddled all night long. We woke up before the alarm he set for work, and the whole time, his arms were still tightly wrapped around me with mine tightly wrapped around him. I just nuzzled his chest, never wanting the moment to end... I think that's when I first realized this was someone I could see myself growing old with, even if he was older than I was. :S I wasn't in love with him, but I saw myself falling for him if things continued to go right.

I gave him a book before I left his apartment, and inside the front cover was a letter inscription about how happy I was to have met him and that the entire time I'm gone, if he ever missed me, he could read that inscription and know that I would be holding him tight at that moment if I could. I wrote that I couldn't even begin to describe in words what I felt for him...but I knew he understood. And he did. :S That was just how it was.

Hope this helps you some..