Thread: How often do you cry?

How often do you cry?

Daily?
    Once a week?
    Few times a month?
    Only when someone dies?
    Loss of a relationship?
    Never?

Is it normal to cry several times a week? To wake up crying?

Umm...I usually have to have a reason to cry! Loss of relationship, death, to much stress, or frustration.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if you do cry every day! May indicate Grief or depression. But it's not normal to cry everyday!

I can't remember the last time I cried. And agree that crying several times a week indicates a problem
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I went a week without crying recently, christmas holidays was HORRIBLE for me. Valentines same and odd other times I can be out enjoying myself and get quiet and feel myself crying, excuse myself complete the cry and come back feeling normal. The waking up crying bothers me a lot. Only loss I had was that long term relationship and got no closure and been hearing stuff here and there about him so that re opens floodgates, I guess. I never cried this much EVER not even as a kid. I don't feel like I am in an actual depression and don't want medications but maybe in the spring it will stop I hope. Beginning to feel very abnormal.

Really sounds like depression. You can start crying for no reason and not know why! Really depression is supressed emotions and feelings. It's kind of like storing up your whole life's worth of garbage from interactions from other people. Their negative beliefs, your negative beliefs, from waring and interacting with others in abusive relationships verbally, emotionally, mentally, physically, and spiritually. Trying to do everything right, pleasing others, being hard on yourself trying to live up to others expectations and standards. Stress from everything in your life good or bad. If you're crying every day, it would be good to see a physician to see if it is biological, thyroid, or other factors of illnesses can cause that too. Than go to a social worker or psychologist and be evaluated for depression. They will give you some questions and tests. It may not be the answer, but at least they can check both your medical and see if it is depression, and give you other advice.

I tear up when I see a sad story on the news or when I think about my dad, but bawling? I cant remember.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I tear up when I see a sad story on the news or when I think about my dad, but bawling? I cant remember.
    Pussy. Clearly, you're too busy crying about things to man up and DEAL WITH THE PROBLEM.

Ahh. I love being right.

Quote Originally Posted by KingZ View Post
    Pussy. Clearly, you're too busy crying about things to man up and DEAL WITH THE PROBLEM.

Ahh. I love being right.
    Ahhh clearly this has got to be one of the lamest posts by far. ewww ouch it hurts so bad lol .........so weak

When I broke up with my ex-boyfriend last year in Jan, I cried for a few weeks when I was alone. One night I had a dream with my great-grandmother who was a very lovely special person and I had the opportunity to spend a lot of time with her as a child. Next day I was feeling much different and I was able to move on completely. This year I ended up crying one night for a very stressful situation at work that had been going on for a few months, but I had the nice surprise when facing the same situation at work a few days later to deal with it much better and not let it affect me. I find myself praying when I finally break down in front of a problem and I always succeed to find help or new resources almost immediately.

Many people are very hurt for a long time after a break up, even if not many them cry often. While it's good to release some of the pain crying, in your case it has been going on for quite some time. It's obvious that you are dealing with something that you haven't been able to assimilate yet and you should maybe look for some kind of help, see a therapist, try practicing some activities that could stimulate you positively, group guided meditation, whatever you find it works for you and helps you move on little by little and feel better, reconnect with life in a happy constructive way.
    Last edited by Valixy; 23-02-14 at 10:23 AM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by hatesthis View Post
    I went a week without crying recently, christmas holidays was HORRIBLE for me. Valentines same and odd other times I can be out enjoying myself and get quiet and feel myself crying, excuse myself complete the cry and come back feeling normal. The waking up crying bothers me a lot. Only loss I had was that long term relationship and got no closure and been hearing stuff here and there about him so that re opens floodgates, I guess. I never cried this much EVER not even as a kid. I don't feel like I am in an actual depression and don't want medications but maybe in the spring it will stop I hope. Beginning to feel very abnormal.
    How long has it been since you broke up? And how long did you see him?

For the record, I am 7 months into a breakup after seeing a man 2.5 years, no closure (not that I believe in closure), under extremely bad circumstances. I am still not right, either.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Ahhh clearly this has got to be one of the lamest posts by far. ewww ouch it hurts so bad lol .........so weak
    Insolent tart.

Maybe twice a month.. during PMS. I get really emotional when I have PMS, even over small things.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    How long has it been since you broke up? And how long did you see him?

For the record, I am 7 months into a breakup after seeing a man 2.5 years, no closure (not that I believe in closure), under extremely bad circumstances. I am still not right, either.
    We were together a long while, and broke up several months ago. My first thread on here was about the BU. But I wasn't expecting the BU - took me by surprise and crushed me. I keep hearing whispers about him and it hurts me. I was loyal and faithful and thought the same about him wrote about that odd thing about him using condoms too in sex section felt like I was surrogating his unfaithfulness somehow after knowing things beyond BU. Hard to 100 % love another and think he feels the same, so certain and it gets pulled out from under you. I can't move in from the pain I guess. I can't think what else would be causing the odd cry sessions.
    Sorry you still feel pain as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KingZ View Post

Ahh. I love being right.
    This comment resembles me too. But I don't WANT to always be welling up with tears. If the problem with my ex is the cause I can't deal with it because not really any chat between and no closure/truth given. Only pat pat bandaids so he looks like a good guy to himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverz View Post
    Maybe twice a month.. during PMS. I get really emotional when I have PMS, even over small things.
    I take midol lol. PMS isn't my issue but I know it does cause emotions to flow for lots.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast