+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you do one night stands?

Do you do one night stands?

I never have and wonder what you get out of it besides sex lol. Does it have a control thing involved?

I don't,I need a long term relationship. Most of the time I've observed others do it, just for sex and self gratification. Other words no strings attached. The spare of the moment release, and move on. Control really has nothing to do with it less you're in to BDSM, and pain seeking thrills. Otherwise some people think someone is hot, and it's someone to conquer and win for the moment to get someone else jealous.

I would rather have a committed relationship too. I hate playing games and dating sexing around. I'd rather be loved and be in love. I don't think I could do a one night stand even now when single. Too many blocks/walls up too.

One night stands are usually random, and are intense mind blowing with passion. It seems the more mysterious the person is the hotter the attraction...oh the fireworks!

Personally creepy...

Alex I will go with "What is hot" for 500

I have in the past but in a relationship now.

Not much to say about it really, nothing to it other than getting horny and ****ing. This topic used to get beaten to death here but I don't understand why. The truth is very, very simple. If you can't have sex without catching feelings, don't do ONS. If you can and you want to have sex without turning it into a relationship, why not?
    They see indoctrination and they call it "morality", "professionalism", or "maturity" depending on the context.

I have before but I never made a habit out of it because its not really my thing. It had nothing to do with control either, it was because I wanted to and that was all I really wanted at that time.

I have before and it was never particularly good. Except for my hubby who started out as a one night stand (best sex ever) and we're still happy together over 20 years later.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

^ That is actually seems like you were fated for each other.

No. Trust is a big thing for me in general. I wouldn't feel comfortable with a random stranger.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

i have, not recently and it wasn't worth it because they the person tries to hit you up again and if you were drunk you realize what a huge error you made in judgment when sober, lmao. so i don't anymore.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

In general, most people don't seek out one night stands. They happen though, but usually just from circumstance or disinterest after the original attraction.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

I've had a few when I was much younger, and not because I was just looking for a good time. I had very low self-esteem and that was my way of connecting with people, of feeling wanted and needed. I was quite reckless and self-destructive. I'm just really thankful that I was smart enough in my late teens to bag it up and to be safe about it- a lot of people aren't.

For me, a one night stand wasn't ever about sexual gratification, so I can't really say that I believe that's true. I feel like maybe men and women are different on the subject, generally, not entirely. Some women definitely are just looking for a good time, but I feel like a lot of us (women) are looking for a way to feel special or to not feel so alone. I think men are on the same page, with most of them looking for sexual gratification, and then again, some are just lonely and looking for a way to connect with someone else and feel needed. I also think that this is the reason behind why a lot of people have one night stands after being in relationships- they're lonely, they miss the other person, etc.

It never felt so great in the morning. I think if you want to have a one night stand, you just better be sure you're doing it to get off and not to reach some deeper meaning. There's no deeper meaning involved and no other form of satisfaction- in my opinion

I don't know why I just can't DO IT not dating or in a relationship anymore and I don't think it is a bad thing if single and only having sex but I just can't go for it. I would probably get attached to whomever I did it with and no good can come from that should be no attachments only sex.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast