+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you do one night stands?

It's going to sound a little ****ed up, but there were times it granted me freedom in the way that I could be anything they wanted me to be.. That was only a portion of the time, though. Other times, it was just a means of passing the time. No control at all- just a period where time passed and I didn't need to be in control of my life. I could pleasure the men any way they desired but just letting go of control and being whatever they wanted- rough or gentle was never a matter. :S And by the end of it, it would be late afternoon or later at night, and I would not have to deal with the chunk of time it took to have sex. I was closer till it was time to go to sleep.

EDIT: But I'd rather have the relationship, though. Sooner or later, a few brief moments of being out of control tend to take over, making others think of you more as an object. :S

Do you think if someone was FWBs or ONS in late teens and early 20s and stopped then did relationships once they hit another of age mark do they reverse back or feel the need to reverse back to ONS and meaningless no attachment sex? Like they missed out, so trying to get back on it again while they are still young enough? I see friends and others do this wonder if it is an actual thing. I always thought you hit a certain age you want to settle down with one and start planning a life not go back to your old party days.

I honestly have no idea, but I imagine it could be a possibility. :S For me, though, now that I'm single, there are a few moments where I just think to myself I'd like to have some meaningless sex. But then there are others that I feel like I want a relationship-- and even others that I feel like I just want to focus on myself and my therapy and not do either (relationships or nsa sex). I guess it depends on the person, but for me, it's all really muddled.

I have in the past, when I lived in a big city. Gone to a club, met a hot guy, took him home. Not necessarily with the intention of it being a one nighter, but if you take a guy home on the first night, you have to keep in mind that's probably all it'll be. I'd had exceptions where the guy called me and we actually hung out a few times after, but not always, and that's okay. Now that I'm living back in my home town, it's a lot smaller than the city I was in previously, so I wouldn't do that (if I was single), because too many people talk and everyone knows everyone. I don't want to be portrayed a certain way, so I avoid actions that will portray me that way. I think as long as your being safe and not hurting anyone in the process, it's okay. If both parties are single and consenting and you use protection, then I don't see the harm.
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

Well, the best sex is when there's intense emotional depth and intimacy. When you both know each other in fine detail and it's hot no holds barred animalistic passion and knowing/doing everything each other wants and craves. Hard to get that going in a one night stand. It's usually just quick, passionate, fairly clumsy because you don't know one another physically, you get a nut and voila, it's over.

Nothing real great about that. Just a more physical interactive way of rubbing one out (for the girl and guy). Don't feel bad about not wanting or having one night stands. Your not missing a whole lot.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

I had a one night stand in my early twenties after being platonically in love with a workmate for a couple of years and feeling heartbroken in the end because nothing ever happened. He was just having a fun single life and wanted no commitment at that time, and I must have given him the impression that I wanted one, so in spite the huge chemistry we had and me being so in love, he never wanted to simply have fun with me, I suppose.

The frustration, the disappointment and the sadness built up after a couple of years and I thought that having a one night stand would help me forget him and break the emotional connection I felt. So I met this good looking guy, agreeable personality, one night at a disco and I clearly expressed my intentions of sleeping with him. Despite this he treated me very nicely, kept telling me all night long that I was a good girl and wanted to date me. I never accepted to meet him again though and I wished for some time to never even see him anywhere again and this was a granted wish :-)

I didn't forget the guy I liked and wanted to be with though or felt better about the whole situation - I had to change jobs for that :-)
    Last edited by Valixy; 10-03-14 at 02:12 AM.

I had the opportunity last weekend and didn't, again. I think people will begin to assume I might be a lesbian with all the declining of men I am doing, so be it.

I have in the past but was single and bored and getting drunk with buddies and hitting up the clubs. I think it was a phase some of us went through.

I agree with the other poster saying, don't worry you aren't missing much if you don't do one night stands.

I have had in the past but it was bad experience, therefore I don't believe in it.

Bad experience why, jakebrown? because the girl or you got too attached or stalked?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12