+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do guys pick up on a girl's hints?

Do guys pick up on a girl's hints?

Do guys pick up on hints or can they never be sure a girl likes them unless they hear it? (from her or someone else)

He's my friend and so far I've prolonged the eye contact, done subtle touches in conversation (hand, wrist, back) , sat close enough so my leg was against his while we were sitting together (he didn't move it, not sure if he felt it), told him I'm inspired by him (he's a very creative & hard working guy), sent nice messages while he was sick, called him for help with things (as he says he's happy to help) and the latest was I told him I had missed him while was he on vacation. Is this enough to move on if he hasn't made a move yet? I'm of the belief that a guy will do all the vigorous pursuing if he likes a girl, but this guy claims he doesn't chase girls, he just waits for things to happen.

He'll often comment to me or in my presence that he's a funny looking guy and I sense he hasn't got the greatest self esteem but maybe he says that to try and put me off him.

There's counterproductive things I do though as well like talking to other guys, ( and it doesn't escape his attention though I am not TRYING to make him jealous, his mood will change and he won't talk to either of us), avoid eye contact if he's around, or walking past, etc. We were both in the car park at the beach one day and he said hi and I said "I gotta go, I'm meeting my mom" I wasn't, I was just nervous. He later said to me "I was gonna stop and chat but you were on a mission." I've also talked about other guys with him.

Am I playing games, being subtle or am I obvious enough and he's just not interested? I don't want to do his head in but I feel like I am.

Guys aren't very good at subtlety. I guarantee that the touches/leg pressing had his attention, and if it had been unwanted, he'd have moved his leg away. However, you sound young, and I'm assuming he is too - guys his age are often chickenshits. He's afraid that he's 'reading' you wrong... and is afraid that if he makes a move that you'll crush his hopes.

Quit playing around, and be up-front.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    guys his age are often chickenshits. He's afraid that he's 'reading' you wrong... and is afraid that if he makes a move that you'll crush his hopes.
    Does this ever go away with age? What would you do?

I've found that climbing astride the guy tends to get the message across
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by KingZ View Post
    Does this ever go away with age? What would you do?
    Usually, though not always.

Under what circumstances? If she pressed her leg against mine? I'd put my hand on her knee, explore a bit... ask her out.

Usually, though not always.

Under what circumstances? If she pressed her leg against mine? I'd put my hand on her knee, explore a bit... ask her out.
    I see. So you would just go for it. No fear of rejection.

Fear? What's to fear?

I wasn't always that way... I was a chickenshit once.

I don't know. There's no rational, logical explanation for it. I'm still in major chicken shit mode.

It took me 10 minutes to work up the courage to hand a girl in my class the sign-in sheet today. (Normally it's handed back to me.)

I once didn't understand it. Now at 28 I think I can tell. It helps when they are extra keen lol but that can often be a turn off.
    Last edited by MrLoyal; 26-02-14 at 05:21 AM.

I don't know. There's no rational, logical explanation for it. I'm still in major chicken shit mode.

It took me 10 minutes to work up the courage to hand a girl in my class the sign-in sheet today. (Normally it's handed back to me.)
    Sign-up sheet for what? What do you mean it's handed back to you? As in a rejection?

Sign-up sheet for what? What do you mean it's handed back to you? As in a rejection?
    lol. Classes take attendance by passing a piece of paper around and having each student write their name on it. It proves you were there.

lol. Classes take attendance by passing a piece of paper around and having each student write their name on it. It proves you were there.
    Ok, just verifying that's what you meant. Why would that be intimidating to you? *scratching head*

You have to get into a mode, where you don't care about the outcome, but just continue from the reaction.
    It all takes practice like anything else, have to keep trying until your comfortable.

If some guys can't read the signs, then they just are elsewhere.

Ok, just verifying that's what you meant. Why would that be intimidating to you? *scratching head*
    Because she's insanely attractive and I'm a huge, huge pussy.

Dude is clueless. All the things you have done/hints should make it CLEAR you are interested. But, then most guys have no clue. I have friends that I have to tell them, "hey that girl is giving you the vibe" or "that woman is checking you out." Some guys just don't get none verbal signals. IMHO the contact/touch while talking to him (especailly the leg thing) and you giving him so much attention/consideration is a HUGE sign you are interested. Maybe I'm just intune with these things and take notice to the subtlety of women and read them, at least that is what my GF tells me.

The only time I would not take these signals from a girl who is a friend is if we had been friends for a long time and I could only see her as a friend (or if she was dumb and/or unattractive). But, that doesn't sound like the case here.
    Last edited by FlaCooln; 26-02-14 at 06:09 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast