+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do guys pick up on a girl's hints?

Thanks FlaCooln. You confirmed what I believe: Dude would HAVE to know. But he does see me talking to other guys so maybe he thinks he's not the only one who gets attention, or worse, thinks I need the attention.

His last relationship was really bad, he announced he didn't want a girlfriend/doesn't want marriage, and when I first met him, everyone told me that. But when I asked him, he said he does want to.

If he says he won't chase and just waits for it to happen, does that mean a girl does all the work?

I feel like I've done a lot to show interest. But then I pull away, avoid him, etc.

It's so frustrating because when a nice guy drives a girl somewhere or puts time aside to help her, and texts "have a nice day" and stays on the phone for half an hour with her, it can all just be friendliness. I feel like he likes me because why all the staring and quietness and moodiness when he sees me with other guys.. I worry he just likes the attention not actually likes ME.

Plus on one occasion I said "I think I have to move away or something to ever meet anyone" and he goes "so there's no guys here?" And I said "no." And he goes "Right. You gotta spit out." (Meaning I took too long to make the point there's no guys here for me)

I don't know what to do anymore. I hate having to show interest, I am one of those girls who read all the books that say "a man will make it very clear he likes you, you don't have to give him anything" so I worry this guy knows but he doesn't want to do anything about it. Unless I have been giving mixed signals and he's not entirely sure.
    Last edited by Ditapage; 26-02-14 at 11:24 AM.

I'm going to throw out the idea that perhaps he's doing the staring and moodiness because he's being left out of the conversation. If not that, then he's too damaged from his last relationship. Either way you're wasting your time.

Forget this guy and find one who's both into and emotionally available.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

IMHO just because you are talking to another guy....it means nothing. You can be social. It would depend on just how you are talking to other guys.

For instance, I met my GF through one of my good friends at a party. She was talking to a few guys and being very social. But, with me she seemed to smile more, talk with me for longer, look into my eyes, and when I said something funny she would laugh and touch me (never saw her touch any other guys). Then, the kicker for me was when we were all leaving she said bye to eveyone but made a point touch my hand as she said bye to me on the way out.

If you really like him stop with the hints and ask him out. Clearly he is not getting it, but I agree with basil he may not be worth it.
    Last edited by FlaCooln; 26-02-14 at 04:25 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12