+ Follow This Topic

Thread: It's been 6 years.....I still can't help it

It's been 6 years.....I still can't help it

We met each other in (2005) and 6 years ago (2008) we broke up because at first i "physically" cheated on her and then 6 months later she was seeing someone else. I let her go because I wanted her to be happy and I knew karma was kicking my butt at the time. I didn't blame anyone except myself. We still saw each other periodically from time to time (altho she was still with the guy) and we finally got reunited almost 2 years later (2010) when she broke up with him. But then in 2011 she told me she can not be with me because my dad will not approve us, (she comes from a pretty wealthy family and I have to work for every penny in my pocket) So I stayed with her until she graduated from college (2012). She wanted me to stay but didn't want to make any commitment but I still left because i knew sooner or later I will get hurt. We never talk to each other ever since, and it last about 2 years.
    Got an email form her this Valentine's Day, she said she still misses me and wants to see me if it's possible (we live around 500 miles away from each other). I went back to school ever since I stopped talking to her, hoping to obtain my degree and make more money at the end so maybe people can stop looking down on me. I work full time and am also a part time student.
    Honestly I still miss her a lot, it's been 6 years since we first broke up, it was truly devastating and I am surprised that I am still alive. I dunno if I should see her, I told her none of us will get over each other if we do this again. She said as much as she wants to see me, she will let me decide. I know I will be happy to see her and she is the only person I want to have sex with. But I know it will be very stressful for me to see her leave again, I don't want to just have sex with her, she is too good to be a fling. However it's not like my life is easier not seeing her, I thought I could get over her but I didn't know it would take this long. No matter what I do she is always on my mind. I wonder if I did something really awful to her in the past life so this year she is returning all the favors.
    What would you guys do if you were me?

Yes, it could be possible to rekindle the relationship. But only if she stands up to her father. And if one of you moves closer to the other.

Don't settle for a long distance relationship where you'll be kept a secret.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I am not sure if she has the guts to do so since she is very obedient, I believe her dad is still financially supporting her which makes things even more complicated. I agree, long distance relationship is just too hard to maintain.

Well, it looks like you need to say 'no' because of both issues.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Sigh I guess thats the only way!

And make a concerted effort to move on. You're not still friends on social media are you?

No, I blocked her FB a long time ago. I was afraid one day I might see a pix of her and hew new bf. only thing she has is my email

If she uses your email, ask her to stop so that you can move on. If she doesn't stop, then block her. I know it's hard, but No Contact really is the only way to move on.

If you want to learn how to get your ex girlfriend back, but you treated her badly, then you may find it hard making up with her. This may sound like bad news to you, but you should never have hurt her in the first place. You need to acknowledge that you did some nasty things to her, but also figure out how you will make it up to her. If you can find a realistic solution, then you may have a chance to get her back.

I found this video on youtube and I believe it will be of help to you: