+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My Girl friend not taking to her ( is it my fault?)

My Girl friend not taking to her ( is it my fault?)

Guys,

Need advice.

My girl ( I will call her M)was school teacher of her friendīs son(I will call her the mother). Another girl(B.) was her assistance.

In the past, while my girl was married, they(she and her past husband) used to go for all barbecues with that mother and her husband.

After we start going out( after her divorce of course), we went to their barbecues but her old assistance B. disappeared ( found a boyfriend or whatever- she was just on a different moment of her life). Thatīs ok so far.

Lst Sunday, the mother started a facebook group ( without M) for a new barbecue and that was what happened:

-Sunday

Mother: Did we forget anyone?

People: We forget B.

Mother: So I will add her to the group.

-Monday night ( after she included one of my girl friends)

Mother; I think we are done with the arrangements. Did we forget anything?

My girl friend: We forget M.

Mother then add my girl to the group.

Even B. has disappeared for some time and my girl keep talking to the mother on a weekly basis, the mother did forget to add my girl, and it seemed that the mother just added my girl because someone else brought it up.

Now, my girl is really upset and I can stop thinking that I am the responsible for it (maybe the motherīs husband did not like me, I don’t know, I just cannot stop thinking about it.)

During the last barbecue, the guys(me included) started talking about cheating on her wives with hookers. i got totally uncomfortable with this and everyone noticed. Maybe I am the responsible for the mother not inviting my girl sooner to the barbecue (maybe the motherīs husband did not like me, I don’t know, I just cannot stop thinking about it.)

Help. How do I solve this.

They dont sound like the type of people I would want to associate with. Snobby wives and cheating husbands. F**k them and find new friends
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by !Joe264! View Post
    During the last barbecue, the guys(me included) started talking about cheating on her wives with hookers. i got totally uncomfortable with this and everyone noticed.
    They don't like your type and somehow they noticed it from your reaction while talking about how to cheat on their wives.

By the way, did you tell your girl about this discussion of cheating on their wives with hooker?

Quote Originally Posted by rest77 View Post
    They don't like your type and somehow they noticed it from your reaction while talking about how to cheat on their wives.

By the way, did you tell your girl about this discussion of cheating on their wives with hooker?
    No I did not....Should I? Although I would not cheat on my girl, and thought that was guy talk...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    They dont sound like the type of people I would want to associate with. Snobby wives and cheating husbands. F**k them and find new friends
    Love you idea....

You can't just assume, that is what gets you looking like a bunch of upset school kids. It's not always easy to be introduced into a group that have always known her with her husband. It's just an adjustment period, where there may be a few found the husband more likable or whatever, no biggie it happens. Gracefully accept the invination, and this time let them get to know you better. I'm sure after a few beers everyone will finally relax to the idea that their friend has moved on with her life with a new love and "geez he's not such a bad guy afterall".

Quote Originally Posted by !Joe264! View Post
    No I did not....Should I? Although I would not cheat on my girl, and thought that was guy talk.
    My bf tells me about his colleagues-which ones are shady etc and I would tell him too but neither of us would go back and say something to the spouse unless it was a very close friend or family being cheated on.. if your gf is the type to go straight to the wives then I wouldnt tell her. That is drama you dont want or need...

Are these people even friends of your gf? Or are they just occassional gossip buddies? I really wouldnt want to be friends with those men and I know my bf wouldnt either. Birds of a feather flock together and if your not that type then your better off staying clear of them

Again no one should assume that these are pathetic cheating losers when you weren't even there to begin with. It was just a conversation and yes the subject matter can get a little taboo-ish when the alcohol has been flowing all afternoon and into the evening at such events. Most of it is bullshitting , which most (not all) guys will do. Mountain out of mole hill once again people.

People don't say things like that just for fun. Its a bit naive to assume they are not a**holes if they admit to cheating with hookers. Who does that? Unless its true

People don't say things like that just for fun. Its a bit naive to assume they are not a**holes if they admit to cheating with hookers. Who does that? Unless its true
    You are right. They told about it in a serious way, in details and recommended me some of the "bests".

My bf tells me about his colleagues-which ones are shady etc and I would tell him too but neither of us would go back and say something to the spouse unless it was a very close friend or family being cheated on.. if your gf is the type to go straight to the wives then I wouldnt tell her. That is drama you dont want or need...

Are these people even friends of your gf? Or are they just occassional gossip buddies? I really wouldnt want to be friends with those men and I know my bf wouldnt either. Birds of a feather flock together and if your not that type then your better off staying clear of them
    they are people that she meet one in a while. She has her best friends but they are one of them. They are more occassional gossip friends. They only have in common was the my girl was their sonīs teacher in school.

So why the thread if it's a no brainer you don't want to accociate with these people? Are you upset that your GF wants to hang with these people still despite the convsation these married men were having??

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    So why the thread if it's a no brainer you don't want to accociate with these people? Are you upset that your GF wants to hang with these people still despite the convsation these married men were having??
    yes. It is really hard to be cut off from a group...

Don't go then. There are some things I do not attend that my husband goes to, because of the group's connection with ( I can't mention). He understands and I have np if he chooses to go, that is his choice.

they are obviously not very good people. tell your girlfriend about the conversation you and the guys had, maybe she will change her mind and not be so sad about not hanging out with them anymore