+ Follow This Topic

Thread: cute supervisor at work, but we're going our separate ways soon

cute supervisor at work, but we're going our separate ways soon

this past year I've worked at my undergrad's library, so I'm 21/22.
    my supervisor is 35 but is classically beautiful, acts cute, and is hot. She had a boyfriend 2 years ago for a year. she doesn't go to bars and admits that at this stage in her life she's not going to meet many new people.

anyway at work, where all my coworkers use the shift to do their schoolwork, I use that time to talk to her for 1.5 to 2 hours at a time. we talk about all sorts of things, and I always try to make her laugh. like I said, she's 35 and while very mature and responsible, she acts all cute when she laughs, giggles, and hums.

after I graduate, I'm going into some other program that she recognizes as very prestigious with a $150,000 salary on the other end. it's in a city far away. she's buying (that is, to own) a condo locally and will be local for quite a while.

I'm not nerdy but I'm kind of awkward and I've never had a girlfriend. She might be able to tell that I think she's cute. At first I thought that's all it was but I realize she's the most interaction I've had with a woman ever, and I started to think about her all the time. She said she went to prom with someone nerdy and describes herself as geeky, even though she could be a model if she wanted to (curvy, great face).

I haven't made a move on her because we work together so that'd be weird. Plus I'm pretty sure she's not allowed to date students while they're students.

I'd like to keep in touch with her and invite her to my new city sometimes. How do you suggest I do that?

On another note, my undergrad is a desert socially. Now that I'm 21, how should I meet girls? online, in bars?

She's a 35 year old woman, she's not looking at you as a future BF and never will. Sorry to dash your dreams but she is nice to you because she is just being nice. More than likely she would prefer a more mature experienced guy.....I'm just saying. Money is only attractive to gold digging skanks so thinking money is your shoe in is silly.

Yes you are better off finding a nice geeky girl on line close you to own age. On line dating is pretty easy, as long as your expectations are not too high. Or you can try speed dating or going to social mixers which costs a small fee but it can be a fun way to get some experience. You want a nice girl, just be yourself but don't be afraid to show your personality, and be casual. You can't expect miracles over night. Just take your time, and be patient. Have a buddy go with you, nothing worse than lookin like a loner. You are in college so there has to be some kind of social events put on by the students there. When I was in college we had pub nights and they were really fun, too bad it got a little rowdy and they cancelled them lol.

Oh and if you do decide to go to a club, the ladies like a guy that is willing to gride with them on the dance floor. Your chances of getting laid goes way up, if you are willing to dance. It's a perfect way to have close contact with a girl. You can ask her for her number or strike up a conversation afterwards over a drink.
    Last edited by smackie9; 02-03-14 at 08:24 PM.

yea I didn't think she'd see me as a BF, but what is it? is it just the age difference and the fact that we're at different stages in our lives?
    also, I never expected to be her BF, but I'd still like to keep in touch with her, update her on my progress, etc. once in a while invite her to my new city since I'll probably be her only contact in that city (NYC/Boston) if she's up to it.

also, in the club, what comes first? dance with them without talking or talk to them first?

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    She's a 35 year old woman, she's not looking at you as a future BF and never will. Sorry to dash your dreams but she is nice to you because she is just being nice. More than likely she would prefer a more mature experienced guy.....I'm just saying. Money is only attractive to gold digging skanks so thinking money is your shoe in is silly.

Yes you are better off finding a nice geeky girl on line close you to own age. On line dating is pretty easy, as long as your expectations are not too high. Or you can try speed dating or going to social mixers which costs a small fee but it can be a fun way to get some experience. You want a nice girl, just be yourself but don't be afraid to show your personality, and be casual. You can't expect miracles over night. Just take your time, and be patient. Have a buddy go with you, nothing worse than lookin like a loner. You are in college so there has to be some kind of social events put on by the students there. When I was in college we had pub nights and they were really fun, too bad it got a little rowdy and they cancelled them lol.

Oh and if you do decide to go to a club, the ladies like a guy that is willing to gride with them on the dance floor. Your chances of getting laid goes way up, if you are willing to dance. It's a perfect way to have close contact with a girl. You can ask her for her number or strike up a conversation afterwards over a drink.

From my experience I've had guys just come up to me without conversation and asked if I wanted to dance. If you see a girl swaying to the music watching others dance, more than likely she wants to be asked. I myself had asked guys to dance, some say no some take a chance. It's 50/50.

She is too old for you. Stick to women your own age.