+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love and Lies? What do i do :(

Love and Lies? What do i do :(

Suffering from PTSD and Major depression as a result of an assault I became emotionally unstable. At the time I sought comfort in a boy I met in college, Now after treatment I am getting much better and am starting tobecome more emotionally independent, Before I leaned on this boy for absolutely everything. As I got better I began to drift away. I noticed that his behavior was very immature and that there was just not the same connection I presumed there used to be. We both began t0 lack trust but would still stay with one another in an attempt to revive the passion and love we had for one another before. We assumed that distances between us (because now we live in different states) is the reason for our lack of companionship. Especially since when we would meet our anger and annoyance would be dissolved and we would reunite as old times. See we always enjoyed one anothers company and both find happiness in one another that we fail to find elsewhere.

However I realized that being with him was not making me happy. I began arguing a lot about probs. When he sensed me moving away he said how the wound he received from a pellet gun had become severely infected. I stayed because I cared about him hiding my annoyance because of some unresolved issues between us. I thought to clear the air once he was released from the hospital. However, another argument occured and he then diffused the argument by saying how he may be dying because the infection was spreading uncontrollably. He said how the antibiotics were not working and that he may have sepsis. I cried so much and was full of tremendous greif. .

The next two days his demeanor did not reflect that of a dying man so I asked him to send me a picture of him hooked to his IV as proof. He sent me a picture and it seemed odd. So I scanned it with a program only to discover he photoshoped his face into the body of another patient hooked to IVs. I confronted him and said how I planed on coming down there with one of my paramedic friends to further inquire. He agreed but a few minutes later said how I was not to bring my friend and if I did he would consider that we broke up. I questioned why and he said because it would seem as if he was not there for his girl friend.

I reply 'ok. As you wish/' and next thing you know he deactivates his email and fb and phone leaving me no way to contact him. What does this mean"

Is he trying to make me miss him and come back to him Do I reach out to him It seems like he is lying because he did not defend himself when I accused him of photoshopping. WHY would he be enraged I was bringing my friend with me"

This friend is a guy and a month ago when I tried breaking up with my bf I mentioned how my friend the paramedic was so much better thus proving how there were better guys out there. So could it be he is jealous I am just confused
    Truth is I still miss him and the good times. Will he contact me again? It has been 3 days so far and he is MIA

What does him blocking you from his email mean? It means that you can now get on with your life and leave this emotionally stunted boy in your past.

He sounds like he's got the emotional maturity of a 7yo and you can do far better. Making up stories that he's dying just to keep you around? Trust me, when you're no longer shocked about all this, you will look back and laugh at what an idiot he was.

(I still laugh about the boy I dated in 1981 who told us he was dying. Apparently he was still telling girls he was dying in 1986!)
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by tanragagirl View Post
    Before I leaned on this boy for absolutely everything. As I got better I began to drift away.
    Quite clearly the guy is a dick with all this 'I'm dying' bullshit but you're hardly Snow White yourself. You used him when it suited you didn't you. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Quite clearly the guy is a dick with all this 'I'm dying' bullshit but you're hardly Snow White yourself. You used him when it suited you didn't you. Nice.
    To be fair, she may have been a very different person before. As our personalities change and develop via life experiences, so do our relationship needs.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    No I never used him in any way. Back then I did care for him and enjoyed his company. Now I have gotten to know him better and seen that he can fulfil all of my emotional needs. He has acted immaturely in many situations causing at times unecessary stress and drama.

Although I don't think you used him intentionally, I agree with Bois that you did use him. He helped you to regain your confidence and self-worth after your assault so basically, he was like a rebound for you and once you started feeling better about yourself, you didn't need him anymore.

Don't question his blocking and deleting you, as Basil has mentioned, you really don't want to be with him anymore anyway so he's (hopefully) just sped up the breaking up process for you. Don't start feeling rejected now that you're out when you didn't really want to be there in the first place.

Keep working on your recovery and be glad he's gone. Oh, and if he tries to hoover you back in at a later date (if his blocking you is just some psychological game that he thinks will make you want him again) ignore him. A good way to do that is to actually block and delete him as well).
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion