I am travelling all over south america for 8 months. I met a girl in brazil. She was at a vacation with her friends. We hanged out together all for a week and then they needed to go back to their city and they invited us to come and we decided to go (i was travelling back then with a friend of mine whom we splitted up later on there). She still had 1 week more before next semester starts so it was good for both of us cause we had time together. I decided to stay more and in total I was involved romantically with her for about a month. I was with her everyday and i had a great time and got to know her up close. I didnt plan for it to happen but it happened and I fell in love with her. But the relationship was doomed to fail from the start and we both knew it. The problem wasnt the love but the fact there is a big cultural (i am jewish and she is from a catholic family) and distance gap between us (i live 12000 km from her). I think that is why she tried to remain closed and didnt open up for a while but eventually she did. I finaly had to go continue my travels (well i didnt really had to go but she studies in university and the semester started and she couldnt invest all her time with me which i understood).
But the main problem was her family i think.. Her family knew nothing about this and she didnt want to tell them. She was connected deeply to her family and to her thought it would be a shame as they are catholics.
So eventually i left (2 weeks ago). But we "broke up" not as i wanted it to be. She said she didnt want to say a real goodbye, she just wanted to enjoy till the end and cut it off..
Back then i wanted to respect her and that's how we parted our ways but thinking back that is what destroyed me.
She is like denying it was real, like it was just a beautiful dream and now it's over.
Well for me it meant a lot and i think that that kind of goodbye was not a goodbye at all..
So goodbyes hurt but at least you face the truth and not lie to yourself like everything is ok when it's not.
The fact that there might not be a future doesnt mean that everything that happened just goes to the trash.
Btw we still talk every day on whatsapp but i feel a strange vibe from her like she already moved on when i didnt yet.
She has a hard time talking about her feelings and she told me this but still i deserve an honest goodbye.
Well what i wanted to say is i am still not far from her (still in brazil) and thought for a while i want to come visit her one more time to end it correctly but after reading posts here i see it wont lead nowhere.
BUT i still want to talk with her about this in voice (skype) cause i think i deserve to say final goodbye (for the romantic part at least, i still want to keep in touch with her as friends and i like talking to her as a person).

There is also another side to the story that inside me might be part of me wanting to resolve this with her. She had a very serious relationship before for 4 years (half a year ago) and she just about now got over it (before her vacation).
Her friend told me that she still might have lost feelings for him.
Although i always felt from her everything is real but i felt at some times there was a little cloud over us like something is not the way it should be.. Maybe i am insane but it is just how i felt.

What do you think of my situation..?

Any advice/comment will be greatfuly accepted.