+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts and Opinions on My Relationship

He likes you but he's been cheated on before. It's damaging and so his way of courting you is a little more defensive.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Its better to indulge him a little by showing more affection and trust. Baby him a little so he can open up again. I imagine he doesnt really trust people the way he used to. Earn that trust!

Quote Originally Posted by bekho View Post
    Its better to indulge him a little by showing more affection and trust. Baby him a little so he can open up again. I imagine he doesnt really trust people the way he used to. Earn that trust!

Thank you! He has been opening up more to me slowly but surely.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyluck87 View Post
    What is it that I should be doing differently?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for responding!

I have and did tell him exactly that about a week or so ago.
    ... and he said, what?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Uhm dude hasn't had a girlfriend in 6 years and she cheated on him. No wonder he doesn't want to give the relationship a "title". This last relationship obviously hurt him terribly for him to not date again for SIX YEARS! He's trying to protect himself from future heartbreak- sure, it's a dumb way of doing it, but I'm like 99.9% sure that's what's going on. If he doesn't have to give the relationship a title, than he thinks he's not emotionally invested. But he clearly is.

There is nothing wrong with your fella- he's just a bit scared, and maybe a little bit dumb haha. Give it some time and lay off on demanding to change your Facebook status to "In a Relationship." You ARE together. Relax

Best of luck! xx

If you have read about her history, you would know men don't want to invest in her. Now it's either she is following a pattern that she picks damaged/ player/ wrong guys or she is doing or not doing something that makes guys NOT want to invest in a relationship with her. I feel she has spent enough time with guys who won't and it's time to look over what she maybe doing wrong to keep finding herself in this situations over and over.

IMO there is a LOT wrong with a guy that is scared. But I have dated a lot of guys and I have never met a guy that was "scared" of committing. There were guys who turned out to be not on the same page as me, had different expectations, or just wasn't enough chemistry. In those case the relationship was gladly terminated. I never had to "demand" commitment, but did reject it.

So it says a lot about a person that can get it without having to fight for it. IMO there is a reason for her not getting commitment. Relaxing about it isn't the key.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12