+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do ladies like a man

Do ladies like a man

Do ladies like a man who can make them laugh

No. Every time a man gives me a good, hearty laugh, it makes me want to kick him in the balls.

Now that's funny. It made me laugh but it didn't make me like you.

Yes, I like a guy with a sense of humor. But you have to have more than that to get someone to fall for you.

Girls love a guy who can make a joke out of everything, including their own relationship issues.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    Girls love a guy who can make a joke out of everything, including their own relationship issues.
    Yep, and may I add that he shouldn't take himself too seriously either. Life's too short to be with a serious dude.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Yep, and may I add that he shouldn't take himself too seriously either. Life's too short to be with a serious dude.
    Well, I was being sort of bitter and ironic with the second part but yeah, I envy guys who can be so light. Wins 'em friends, girls, generally a good life and it helps with the ol' heart.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

Quote Originally Posted by Specialk View Post
    I was having a grumpy day recently for no apparent reason. Among the suggestions for mood improvers which came in on FB were wearing Nubian bellydance costumes and someone else suggested a sombrero.

My gorgeous hubby saw this and made up a silly dance of "la cucaracha, la cucaracha, shimmy, shimmy, shimmy, yeah". He cracked me up the the bad mood was gone. Give me this type of silliness any day over a guy who seriously wants to probe the problem with me.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

And before any cynics suggest anything about this task being on men, I would like to say that the best relationships are where you BOTH make each other laugh. I think a good part of the glue which holds the two of us together is the ability to crack each other up.

Yeah but let's be honest here: How often do girls defuse the situation? The women have accepted the gender role of causing the problems and guys have accepted the gender role of using humor to defuse the problems the girls cause. That's why most women do dramatic things on purpose, to scout for men who can do this for them.

Yeah but let's be honest here: How often do girls defuse the situation? The women have accepted the gender role of causing the problems and guys have accepted the gender role of using humor to defuse the problems the girls cause. That's why most women do dramatic things on purpose, to scout for men who can do this for them.
    I see the break hasn't led you to pull the misogynist, cynical stick out of your own ass. Have a nice single life YC

Misogynist and cynical? Nah, old me was. Now I just look at what I said and praise the status quo. Obviously it's important to both genders to preserve it.

I'm seeing zero difference between old you and new you.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialk View Post
    Depends on the Lady; but most the women I've met love the good belly laughs; after all, it's good medicine. My man makes me laugh so hard I lose my legs at least once every couple of weeks and i'm talking, hard laughing, full on belly giggles and it is g r e a t..... ONe of my favorite things about him.

Misogynist and cynical? Nah, old me was. Now I just look at what I said and praise the status quo. Obviously it's important to both genders to preserve it.
    Oh my god I thought you were finally getting laid on a regular basis.....guess not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast