+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Feel Devastated. How do I get out of this?

Feel Devastated. How do I get out of this?

So me and my ex broke up around 2 months ago. She is now seeing someone else that showed an interest in her when we were together. This guy is older, much better physique and much better car, looks etc.

This girl was my life, would regularly tell me I was the one and she had never felt love until she met me. I was her beautiful baby and she would never ever leave me.

She broke up with me citing that I didn't appreciate her enough and didn't make her feel loved which in some ways I accept responsibility for.She wasnt an angel either and there were some things that I felt she took for granted. (moved her in to my home when parents kicked her out)

Since the split I have tried absolutely everything, sentimental gestures, flowers to the workplace, funny pictures, memories and non of this has worked. She has been horrible to me for most of the break up and its like I don't even know who she is anymore.

Her last two relationships lasted around the same period of time (1 year 4 months) and the same outcome occured, both of her previous partners were heartbroken.

I have tried myself to better myself since the split (focused on driving, taking care of appearance, new suit, getting stuck into work) this is to show her that I can change and I do want to be with her. She knows how much I love her.

We have since been in Limited contact over the last couple of days, we have spoke and had really nice conversations and made each other laugh, her new guy was mentioned a couple of times but nothing of any significance.

I decided to call her last night because I was having a bay day. She dosent answer. So i call again (have been last few days) and she answers with "what? I'm busy at the moment, I'm in bed....I said so why cant you talk? she said "because I'm with someone" Straight away I asked her if it was him and she said "yes".

She called me when he left and I explained I didn't think it was as serious as that. She said she sees him once a week and it dosent matter that he was here.

It absolutely destroyed me to know he was at her house, in the same spot I used to be in. Being with her brother and cuddling in her bed. Interacting with her parents, spending time with her.

We have since spoke and she said that it made things awkward for them and he felt "sorry" for me because he has been there before. We have argued I called her a heartbreaker and she said "ppl shouldnt fu** with me then, treat me right" we have argued and she said she cannot help me anymore.

I am devastated I wish I could see the light out of this mess. I dont know how to live my life anymore I just feel so empty without her. She knows how much I love her. Why is she doing this?

sounds like a diva and a commitment phobe. id forget about her and look for someone better

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

She isn't in love anymore, Michael and she has moved on. You've done your best and tried to win her back but she isn't responding to any of your initiatives and she's seeing someone else, which means that it's time for you to let go.

Some people invest much more of their lives in their relationships only to discover one day that their love wasn't enough which actually means that they never were with the right person. It's never easy to finish a relationship but it's something you can learn to deal with in a better way by accepting it's over, concentrating on yourself, doing things that you enjoy and making your life better.

You're only 20, this was a far too serious relationship for someone so young, since you've even lived together for some time, your life swang around her and you should make it about yourself for a while. Give yourself some time to heal now, be single for a while and simply have fun with friends without having to deal with the headaches of a relationship but focus on your personal goals instead. You will feel better little by little and soon be able to rediscover life on your own. This can be a very good new chapter of your life when you'll be more mature and better prepared for a new relationship and enjoy it much more.
    Last edited by Valixy; 07-03-14 at 01:45 PM.

I know that you're hurting but to be frank, she sounds like a cold hearted witch. Seems it's true, men really do love bitches.

Anyway, don't talk to her anymore. Zero contact from here on out. Even if she contacts you, disregard it because it will only be something to do with her own ego... certainly not because she wants you the way you'd like to have her.

Learn from this (don't take someone you love for granted) and thank her for leaving your life when she did. Me thinks you'd be one ball-broken soul from her twatiness.

Google "How to get over a breakup" and read.

You WILL be fine in time if you go zero contact and do things to keep you busy and happy.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion