+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Friend has a crush on my girlfriend?

Friend has a crush on my girlfriend?

Okay it is kinda difficult to explain but please help. This is actually serious just like my username. I have a girlfriend, right? And I have this friend on Facebook (well he's no more my friend) this guy admitted to my girlfriend that he's got a crush on my girl and my girlfriend was like "oh it's okay you should've told me already" even though she says she has nothing for him (which I think is true) but that guy is just unacceptable to me. he's changed after he admitted his "love" for my girlfriend, he acts like a prick to me and he gets jealous when my girlfriend talks about me to him. I ask my girlfriend to stop talking to him she says "let me handle it, he's a good guy". I'm afraid of losing her. The main point of this thread is I do not want my girlfriend to talk to him but she won't listen WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!? I know it sounds like a very simple topic but it's actually a big deal to me. I don't wanna lose her. I love her so much and breakup is no option to me. I'm new so I don't know if I'll get any reply.

How did she say she was going to "handle it." Tell us so we can discuss if it sounds like a good idea or not.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

if she respected u she would of quit contact with him because hes being inappropriate. she likes the attention so shes a whore.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

You are acting this way because you are putting yourself in a position to be playing from weakness....

Once you have told her how you feel about him (which you've done)....leave it be..ignore the matter and if you see no change....

You have one option...

Grow some balls and leave..

Well that guy is her friend too and she doesn't want to stop talking because of that, so she wants him to stop acting like a dick and just be friends with her.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I'm sure that's the only thing I can do.

Its extremely selfish of her to want to continue to talk to a guy that has feelings for her when/if she does not have feelings for him. If she was a decent person she would distance herself from him so tht he can get over her and find his own girlfriend.

It's bad enough that she's not respecting you or her relationship but she's also being mean and self absorbed by hoping that she can keep him knowing that he wants to be more then just her friend.

You might want to explain to her without being controlling or demanding that what she is doing is not in anyone's best interests. Explain to her that its not in her friends interests to continue on when he has feelings for her that she does not reciprocate and that to stay away from him in all ways is the best way for him to be able to get over her and find his own girlfriend. If after having that talk with her she still wants to string him along then I'd say that she doesn't value you as much as you'd like her to. Something for you to think about going forward.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Come back tell us what happened so we can use you as an example next time someone asks this q.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for understanding me and my Goddamn situation better than anyone. You my friend are actually helpful.

The dude is a selfish jerk. We have had many like him posting on this site, with their self rightious attitude. His behavior towards you is in relation to her response. He obviously took it as an open invitation, as hope he has a chance because she wasn't negative about it.

If he was such a "nice guy" then she should gentley explian to him that their friendship is no longer appropriate, and will have to cut ties. Wakeup nailed it. You must be careful on how to apporach her on this. A careful explination is way better than a demand. Once it's proposed to her, I'm sure after some thought she will clearly see what has to be done.

I can see how difficult it must be in how to deal with this with your emotions in a whirl, and that feeling of panic as to what may be at stake. Keep calm, and carry on.
    Last edited by smackie9; 08-03-14 at 10:05 AM.

Sorry my post was intended for the 'should i tell his girlfriend' thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk