+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Having issues with my fianc�

Having issues with my fianc�

I apologize in advance for my rant but it's something I need to get off my chest. Me and my fianc� have been dating for about a year and a half now our wedding is scheduled in 6 months. We've decided to buy a house now and are planning on closing in a month. Currently I rent and she still lives with her parents. She lives in a different town so it's somewhat of a commute whenever we get together. Usually I will visit her at least once during the weekday at her parents house and she visits me on the weekends. Sometimes I'll visit her on the weekends but that usually happens once or twice a month. Anyway her parents don't want us to live together before the wedding and she really wants to live in the house. So I suggested that I move into my parents house for a few months bc I have to move out of my rental either way and she can visit me at my parents once I week just like I was doing for the past year and half. She said that Idea was horrible. I just laughed it off but felt somewhat hurt. Here I spending time with her and her parents every week for a year and a half and she doesn't even want to do the same thing with mine for a few months. The other thing that is starting to bother me is she really loves getting her way, if she doesn't she gets silent and cold, does not speak to me and I'm left with just apologizing to her even if I think I'm still right. Sometimes I think she's just pretending to be mad just so she could get her way. We're also starting to fight about really stupid stuff, the other day I was at her parents house and we went to her bedroom. She has a small dog that sleeps with her at night. The dog itself doesn't bother me but having her on the bed does, her comforter is always dirty and has dog hair all over it. Anyways she got mad at me bc I didn't want to lay on her dirty comforter with her, I later gave in but she was still pissed. When I got up to leave she didn't say anything not even a goodbye. I just don't know what to do, she's being so childish at times and I don't know how to deal with it. Another thing that bothers me is her family has a cat that will roam on the kitchen counter top and eat or lick dirty dishes out of the sink. If you're eating at the table the cat will jump up and start eating stuff out of your plate. I honestly hate eating there bc of that damn cat. My fianc� though thinks it's super funny. If she has left over food shell just put that plate down and will let the dog eat out of it. I don't care if it's washed it's still discounting to me. I don't want to eat out of the same plate a dog or a cat eat out of. I've never mentioned that the whole plate thing bothers me bc I'm scared of the repercussions. I feel like she'll tell her parents and them they'll get mad at me for thinking they're living dirty or something. What is a nice way of bringing this up without offending anyone?

Thanks for your help!

you dont feel like mentioning things that bother you? oh god communication is going down the drain and soon the relationship will too. she sounds like a diva like most girls but im worried about the fact that she still lives with mommy and daddy. if shes a diva now and a pig at home just imagine how she'll be when living on her own. wow the sex must be really good cuz idk why else your rushing to get married. u spend barely any time together.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Seriously Bro? If you think the problem with the cats and dogs are major issues in your relationship youre going to have a rude awakening when you are married ( and have kids!) Ha Ha!!

Offending her? Shes going to be your wife in 6 months! Tell her you dont want that in your house when you are married...nicely though Good Luck

BTW.....youre the guy who was on here about 6 MONTHS ago posting that your lady gets angry when you dont say " I love YOU" first? You seriously need to reconsider this marriage! How old are you guys?
    Last edited by surfhb2; 07-03-14 at 07:27 PM.

I predict that you will find a way to raise the issue. She will sulk. And then you'll apologise. And nothing will change.

Seriously dude, unless you're going to stick to your guns, there's no point in raising anything. What if she tells you that if she would choose her animals and their behaviour over you? Will you back down or will you stick to your guns?
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 07-03-14 at 07:50 PM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I predict that you will find a way to raise the issue. She will sulk. And then you'll apologise. And nothing will change.

Seriously dude, unless you're going to stick to your guns, there's no point in raising anything. What if she tells you that if she would choose her animals and their behaviour over you? Will you back down or will you stick to your guns?
    Exactly! Why do you apologize when you think youre right? That's a divorce in the making.