+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My Singles Night Adventure!

My Singles Night Adventure!

More of a let down and exercise in awkwardness than an adventure!

Well for starters i got the night wrong, so i ended up having to go alone. it was at a local pub in town in the function just above the main bar, it turned my a party disco event (music was a bit too loud for my liking anyway). it took me a fair bit of courage to go it alone. sadly it was a disappointment, fairly certain I was the youngest in the room, more men than women and just about all the women were much older. i did eventually try starting a conversation with some women roughly my age but they ignored me. ended up going home early after deciding it wasn't worth waiting around to see if anything happened.
    now trying to figure out what to try next in my pursuit of romance!

Maybe i will try and go to a larger one and bring reinforcements this time!

Keep trying

I second surf's comment to keep trying. But I don't think that approaching random girls when you're alone at a pub is the way to go.

Being alone and approaching women you don't know is probably the least successful way to find a girl. With the exception of organised singles events, you need to take a mate along. Or stick to social events where you know a few people.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Why do most of you guys try to find a girl at a pub ?
    Unless you just want to get laid, don't even bother.
    They will avoid most men, because they set themselves on a pedestal if your game isn't up to their standards.

Just go to a social event like suggested, where there is some sort of interest among the individuals and where a comfortable conversation can get started and her wanting to talk to you.

I learned the hard way as well, and finally didn't venture into those type of environments on my own and I had a fun time as a result.

Be creative, find various activities to do.

Use either www.meetup.com or www.discoverahobby.com and don't limit yourself to such a self-centered environment.

it was a social event, sort of (function hall above a pub) and yes i need to try a bigger one and this time bring company.

You wont find young women at these social events hence why all the women there were much older than you. Join a course or a new hobby and see if you have better luck there. And its just a stereotype that people in pubs or clubs are just looking to get laid. A minority are but you will find self respecting people there too-im one of them
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

I had that feeling as well, but I want to give it another go at a much larger event (much larger town rather than my small local one) and this time I will have company so i won't be stuck alone.