+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm still struggling

I'm still struggling

As I mentioned before, I've been having some relationship issues. I love a girl very much, so much it hurts. She never appreciates anything I do and I've been told to move on but I still love her and she's not a bad person, she just doesn't like that I am sensitive.

I am very compassionate, I like to help other people who are in a crisis, it's in my nature, it's my natural instinct, it's who I am but it bothers her. I always tell her that seeing her around makes my day, I always defend her when there's trouble but she's so independent, she won't let me be there for her. She says I'm sweet, then she says "stop being all soppy" or "no more marshmallow" because I'm so all mushy inside.

This afternoon, I cried my eyes out, she says I "have no balls", I began to cry, she told me to stop crying and said "You're not twelve anymore!" all because I made myself sick last night because I was worried about her to the point I stressed my heart out.

So I went to my room, torn down my romantic sketches. I'm a bit of a geek so I like collecting action figures and toy cars but I don't play with them, I just stand them up on shelves, the only thing I play is video games. So I had a small break down, I screamed at myself "If you're wanna be a man, you've gotta act like a man!", I began crying then started hitting myself saying "Stop crying, crying gets you're nowhere! You're not a baby! You're not a baby!". She speaks several languages, French is her second language, I practised French for her, I wanted to tear and burn my French dictionary!

Why doesn't she appreciate me? I can't imagine living without her, she means the world to me, she's my angel.

Right now I'm considering hypnotherapy so I can be hypnotized so that I'll stop falling in love because I'm tired of getting heart broken all the time and she's the only one I've ever truly properly loved. I adore her.

Please guys, even if your advice is blunt and harsh and if you hate me, it's OK, I just want help, I'm at my breaking point! She'S all I have right now! My family are far away, she's the only one close to me right now who means a lot to me and if I lose her, I may consider something terrible!

Quote Originally Posted by I am Andrew View Post
    This afternoon, I cried my eyes out, she says I "have no balls", I began to cry, she told me to stop crying and said "You're not twelve anymore!" all because I made myself sick last night because I was worried about her to the point I stressed my heart out.
    I think this needs context before I comment. What terrible thing is happening in her life that you should worry yourself sick over it? If she's got cancer or something, then perhaps she's being a bit harsh on you.

On second thoughts, if she's got cancer or some other terrible issue in her life, the last thing she needs is a boyfriend who's breaking down on her. She needs quiet strength

So anyway, please tell us about this dire thing in her life. It will give so much more context
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 10-03-14 at 11:48 AM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

You desperately need to smoke a joint and get laid son...Jesus.

Here's the bottom line, you can't have a good relationship with a significant other until you've first developed a good relationship with yourself, and it's pretty clear that you have a LOT of work to do in that area. When you feel like shit about yourself, that's your internal dialogue telling you that your life sucks or something is ****ed up in your world and it's not going to STFU until you change it. As you work your ass off to make those changes, you will find your relationship with yourself improving. What are your issues with yourself? Are you disappointed with your level of education? Then go do school, study hard, get the degree you want, etc. Are you out of shape? Work out more and eat better. Are you a virgin and insecure about it? Go **** around a little, get some experience under your belt, learn how to **** like an animal and you'll do better at getting women to stay with you, plus you'll develop the confidence to make them want to **** you. Does your social life suck? Do what you can to fix that - get out more and meet new people. Get into clubs that interest you, take dance lessons (you have no choice but to get comfortable with women if you do this and if you get even decent at dancing your social life is pretty much set), get yourself out there into environments that have you interacting with women (or just people in general) and develop a strong social circle/support network that way.

Whatever you do, take action now. ANYTHING is better than allowing this fuckery that's going on inside you to control your destiny any longer. The bottom line is that you're where you're at now because you have allowed this to happen and if you want out you have to take your medicine and put yourself through the grinder to become a better you.

As for the chick in question...I would say that she is a lost cause. You just can't act this way toward someone you're interested in and expect anything in your favor to come of it. Sorry.
    Last edited by dickriculous; 10-03-14 at 12:19 PM.
    They see indoctrination and they call it "morality", "professionalism", or "maturity" depending on the context.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I think this needs context before I comment. What terrible thing is happening in her life that you should worry yourself sick over it?
    She ain't got cancer (as far as I know - God forbid if she has!). Someone upset her, somebody p****d her off and so I tried to cheer her up but I overworked myself (I have heart problems and ended up in the emergency room) and she was even more angry when I came back. All I did was tried to put a smile on her face, why is she being so difficult and stubborn? I'd do anything make this girl happy and all she ever does is throws it all back in my face but I still love her.