+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Arguing all the time

Arguing all the time

This may not be the correct place to post this but ohh well. I've been with my partner for a year now and quite a bit has gone on with the parents not liking me due to my race, to my partner losing her baby while she was in another country.

At that time we were on the topic of our past experiences with our previous partners and the problem is she said she'll never forgive me for talking about my ex even though she has before. Now we're getting to the point where we're both on skype and I look away to look at the TV since I was playing on my xbox too while she watches the TV. She then comes out saying how I ignore her all the time on skype even though she ignore what I say on the phone and doesn't say anything at all.

The other day she was concerned about her friend and I asked her if she text her yet and she says "Why are you talking about her like she's your girlfriend" and I'm like "What the hell???" It's really really little things she complains about and then when I say she's doing something wrong she blames me for her doing that because I talked about my ex even though we were on that topic. She says I don't do anything for her even though I saved her from her dad beating her up when she moved in with me and I do absolutely everything for her because I love her soo much. I even quit my job back in August last year because I was worried he'd find her. She says I don't hug her, kiss her enough and things like that even though I do.

I'm 21 and she's 17 by the way. I would really like somebodies advice on this relationship as I'm starting to get really fed with everything she's doing. I'm fed up with the constant nagging and she Questions me whenever I talk to another woman saying it's my fault she doesn't trust me. I really wanna stay with her but I don't know how to get through to her that the ex thing is in the past and I'm with her now. Nobody else matters and believe me, I've said this many many times. Help meeee please

PieMan, my belief is that dating is about finding your Mr/Miss Right. It's not about spending time with a wrong person and trying to make it OK.

In your case, this relationship has clearly turned to shit. It's not your place to try and explain to her why she has to get over or accept the things you've said about your ex. These are her thoughts and she's entitled to them.

However, is it exactly your place to enforce your own boundaries. If this involves telling her that you will be unable to continue with her because she won't let go of this issue, then go for it. It's your place to say that you no longer want to bother with a complaining girlfriend.

It's time to give her some marching orders. If she doesn't like being thrown out, that's her problem to solve. Remember, if she hadn't been such a complaining, unforgiving bitch, she wouldn't be in the situation of having to find somewhere else to live.

There will be many more girls for you yet. You'll have great experience and some not so great ones. And hopefully you'll learn to quickly recognise when to walk away.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I think she is just far too immature for a full blown relatio ship.
    From what you have said, you have done nothing wrong. Even when you do right, it is wrong in her eyes.

You have tried, and you continue to be shot down.
    You have had previous relationships in the past, and it is her problem that she cant get over your past. Not yours.

I agree with what basil has said. Set your boundaries and explain to her that she either lets it go or she is going ro run this relationship into the ground.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Break up. Arguing this much early in a relationship is not healthy. It will not improve.

Sorry I know that's not the answer you want, but it is the correct answer you need to read.

Life is short, happiness is where we find it and what we make of it. Go find happiness.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

My advice - you have a shit relationship. Do you understand how contraception works?

Pieman, try this site its very useful and its free thecoupleconnection.net they also have online trained help in their Listening Room (at the bottom right of their page) at certain times of the day.