+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Are we just friends or potentially more???

Are we just friends or potentially more???

This girl and I, both seniors in high school, started seriously talking back in October. That talking led to talking a lot more and hanging out. And before I knew it, by the end of November, I had really fallen for this girl. In the beginning of December, I decided to tell her how I feel. I told her that I really liked her as more than a friend, that I was not trying to force or push anything on her, but that I had to get that out there (this was to avoid being friendzoned). She told me she liked me too, that she was playing it safe though because past guys hurt her and she wanted to be sure the next time 'round, but ended the talk by saying "I hope you understand I am not crossing out the future between us".

So we spent the rest of December getting a lot closer and had planned a few dates to go on. But for some reason, she started being distant with me and stopped responding to texts/calls from me. So after four days, I gave up and gave her space. This backfired though because we ended up not talking for two weeks until we went back to school after winter break. Since we have gotten back to school (January 13th), we have rekindled back into a close friendship but nothing more at the moment and she has talked to other guys as I have talked other girls. I was starting to think I was officially friend zoned but yesterday she sent me a text saying how she did not forget about one of the plans we had made saying "Hey. I didn't forget about our night plan thing. Soon okay?". I responded with "definitely" and then added "we should do all the things we planned to do" and she just said "sounds good"

I can't tell if she wants to do them just as friends or not but with this being one of the only times she has ever initiated us to hang out, especially that it involves plans back from December, I can not help but think it could be more than just friends. That along with prom coming up and having received a couple of signals from her friends, and one from her, that she might want to go with me, I can not tell if this is her making an effort or if its just all in my head and that we are just going to be friends and nothing more.

Sorry. Her being on top of her calendar does not mean that she wants romance with you.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.