+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I am lost...any and all help with prom and date?

I am lost...any and all help with prom and date?

Lets begin. Here are my attempts to asking a girl to prom

1) Valentines day: I ask my co worker, Kate (we also go to the same school) to prom with half a dozen roses and a rice krispie with the words "Prom?" written on it. I asked at work in the changeroom. She cried and said no because someone else had asked her hours before in school THAT DAY. (I had bought the roses two days before and wanted to wait till valentines...) She later asked me out but for personal reasons at the time, I declined. I asked her out later but then personal issues came into play and I could not follow up. Then last week, I found out that she actually likes me and doesn't want to go to prom with the other guy because she only likes him as a friend...

2) Korean girl, Ria. known her for two years, flirted quite a bit over text, even more in person. I asked her with a stuffed animal. Took her forty minutes (that's right!) forty minutes and couldn't make a decision. She held my hand, hugged me on and off for that span of time. We stopped after the vice principal came by TWICE (after asking what we were doing, imagine how awkward that was) and the VP kicked us out of the halls (it was after school)

3) Brunette athlete, Caitlin: really nice girl. I talked to her a bit in grade 9 then we started talking alot over the last few days! Asked her to prom with a stuffed animal (same one as 2) ) and she did not hesitate to say yes! she was so excited, hugged me and said "Now I have to get you a corsage!"

I get a message on facebook. Long long message about how she only said yes to "protect the friendship" and that we just started being friends. I pushed a bit and she admitted that after I asked her, the guy she wanted to go with had asked her! She took the stuffed animal too!

I asked girl 3 first! but she broke things off because she liked the second guy who i asked her.

I ask first, or second, i still end up with the short end of the stick...

I'm 0 for 3 right now, and I'm asking another girl once I get back to school from break but I was wondering this:

1) I plan to ask Kate if she's still going with the guy. Thoughts?
    2) I'm going to ask Kate out in April (four day weekend) thoughts on how to do that AND where to go?

3) Would it be ok to go out with one girl but take another to prom? If Kate goes with the other guy and I take another girl?

I know it is very long but I guarantee I will make it worth your while!
    Sincerely appreciate your input! Thanks!

We already did......starting a new thread isn't going to get you a different answer.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    We already did......starting a new thread isn't going to get you a different answer.
    just want more opinions, is this bothering you?

It bothers everyone. You bump others who are trying to get answers to their threads. BTW it's the same people who are going to answer anyways. There are only a handful of us that are on here.

Shouldn't this be in the teenage section ?
    Do they have proms in college ?

I personally think your making a big of this prom thing and forcing yourself to get a date and get frustrated each time your rejected, and think you should play it cool regardless if you go or not.

Most that go are dating already, or have been friends with a female a long time.
    Let it naturally happen, and if you don't go it wont be the end of the world.

It bothers everyone. You bump others who are trying to get answers to their threads. BTW it's the same people who are going to answer anyways. There are only a handful of us that are on here.
    the interface allows you to see more than a dozen entries from different people, one more or less does not make a difference at all. Again, I don't see how this is bothering you. interesting, just got another answer from someone who has never replied before...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kromat83 View Post
    Shouldn't this be in the teenage section ?
    Do they have proms in college ?

I personally think your making a big of this prom thing and forcing yourself to get a date and get frustrated each time your rejected, and think you should play it cool regardless if you go or not.

Most that go are dating already, or have been friends with a female a long time.
    Let it naturally happen, and if you don't go it wont be the end of the world.
    ya thanks...I know it's not a big deal to you cause you've probably lived life more than I have and probably experience worse and more important things but as a senior in high school, prom's the biggest things that has happened in my life so far
    technically I'm 18 so I'm borderline on both teenage forum and love advice
    Last edited by Mandophon; 15-03-14 at 06:40 PM.

Mathematically and statistically, you should start at the bottom of the gene pool and work your way up. In other words, ask an ugly or fat chick and get a definite yes. Then continue to ask better looking girls until they start saying no. In order to pull this off, you have to be comfortable breaking a promise and potentially leaving some girl without a date after buying an expensive dress. However, the mitigating factor is that almost any girl can get a date if she really wants one, while the reverse is not as true with guys.

Quote Originally Posted by dem862 View Post
    Mathematically and statistically, you should start at the bottom of the gene pool and work your way up. In other words, ask an ugly or fat chick and get a definite yes. Then continue to ask better looking girls until they start saying no. In order to pull this off, you have to be comfortable breaking a promise and potentially leaving some girl without a date after buying an expensive dress. However, the mitigating factor is that almost any girl can get a date if she really wants one, while the reverse is not as true with guys.

lol ya that is effective for me but it's rude to the girl isn't it! Ya that is very true! girls can get a date much easier than a guy can...we have to get out there and ask!

By the time this gets settled prom will be already over.

By the time this gets settled prom will be already over.
    proms in four months lol but everyone is already asking! lol are such issues ever settled until there is a definite answer from the girl?

Just wait til the last min, I'm sure you can get yourself 2 girls to go with you so you can look like a stud with a girl on each arm....you may as well aim high.