+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can any girls answer this for me?

can any girls answer this for me?

is it possible to be in love with somebody yet hang out and kinda be with somebody else? my ex and i cant be together cause of her dad. he says we have to wait bout 6 months before we can be together.(long story) we've been broken up bout 3 weeks. she has been talking to somebody else for bout 2 weeks. she says she loves me and wants to be with me in 6 months, and yet she is talking to this other guy. she still calls me all the time and we still hang out alot. espicially this last week. but she is still talking and hanging out with this other guy. i dont know what to do. she tells me she loves me and she's with him. what should i think? that she does love me and she's only with him cause she cant be with me? or should i think that she doesn't really love me cause she is with him? please help..so confused.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well.......I think she is keeping her options open. Why exactly can't you be w/ her for 6 months? If you explain it maybe we can help you more.. Like maybe if we knew why her dad wont let you date for 6 months?

She might really care about you but shes out there w/ someone else. Is she just seeing him or are they like together? She might be just passing the time....but I do know that if I really loved someone....and wanted to be w/ them....I would wait it out...and just hang out w/ the guy when I could....which is what shes doing w/ u right now....
    I just don't understand how this other guy came into the picture....and........that doesn't guarantee shes gonna drop him when the 6 months is up.

I suggest you talk to her and ask why she is doing this. I mean you both see each other as it is and hang out......whats the difference if your going out? Would her dad really know the difference.....or is this guy like a cover or something?
    Last edited by Ellynn; 07-08-05 at 03:31 PM.

"my ex and i cant be together cause of her dad. he says we have to wait bout 6 months before we can be together."

Why? How did she meet this other guy and whats he like? And why is her dad giving a 6 month deadline? Whats so special about 6 months?

In the meantime keep yourself occupied with other things for right now. But if you get the chance to hang out with her go ahead. Im still a bit confused about her dad tho. How can he say what goes on between you two? What does he know that we, or you, dont?
    Last edited by Lonesomepoet76; 07-08-05 at 08:17 PM.

Tone Guest
    Like the others said...

How is she not allowed to date you, but can this guy?

lilwing89 Guest
    either her daddy doesnt like him

or she is using daddy as an excuse.

anyways, dont you hate that when someone says (long story) then it turns out to be not as long as you thought? then you are pissed cause you expected them to waste some of your time?

even worse. He tells us there is a (long story) but doesn't tell us! I think that part of the story, long or not, is vital for this question...

well i 25 and she is 18 and still lives at home. her dad said we couldnt be toghter until she moves out which is in 6 months. and so we broke up. bout 1 week later after she had cried and was sad she starting seeing this other guy. we werent hanging out as much. i did the no contact thing after bout 1 week of her dating this other guy. 2 weeks later they arent dating and she has been hanging out with me for bout a week straight without her dad knowing. i just want to know that is it possible to love somebody but date somebody else just cause she cant date me? i mean if she really loved me like she said and like she acted when we broke up then how could she even be dating anybody else? thank u for your input on this.. i really need some advice. i mean i think that she loves me but at the same time i dont understand how she could be with somebody else just cause we cant be toghether...

"Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you guys are exchanging "I love you's" and your both adults......which she barely is but yet technically is.....then you need to communicate about this.

Why don't you ask her why she is dating other people? Ask her how she can tell you that she loves you and wants to be with you in 6 months and in the meantime is out seeing all these other guys..... I mean the only way to find out is to ask her. She what she says. It sounds to me like she's either tossing "I love you" around like its nothing or shes not really sure about being in a committed relationship w/ you and wants to have fun before she decides if she wants to be w/ you in 6 months. Shes basically seeing what else is out there. Which is normal because she is quite young. You on the other hand are a bit older and you're probably more into a serious thing right now.

Honestly I don't see what the big deal is concerning her dad. The two of you see each other anyways right now. Can't she just kinda be sneaky about it until she moves out? I would definately talk to her about this....

Hmmmm..

Could be that she is the kind of person that hates to be single. And if she couldn't see you then she felt she needed to have someone by her side. Doesn't sound like it lasted too long though.

Looks pretty good for you guys I think.

yeah her mom said that she usually always has a boyfriend... so does that mean she loves me and just didnt want to be alone cause she couldnt have me?

"Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I never understood girls who always have to have a bf. I would much rather be single then to just be with anyone. I know if I were in her situation and I supposidly "loved" you......I would wait it out. Or I would see u even though my dad told me not to. I would keep it quiet though...

I don't see much of the difference of her hanging out with you from time to time behind her dads back....versus her being your gf. I mean its all basically the same. Does she think just cuz she can't officially announce it to the world that you two are bf/gf that its not the same or something? I don't understand why she needs to openly date some random guy just so she can say........"oh he's my bf". I guess its immaturity......but as time goes on hopefully she realizes its not about announcing it to the world and just being together and knowing yourselves whats going on is what matters.

I think shes keeping her options open for if something better comes along in the meantime. IF something doesn't then shes gonna get back w/ u. If your willing to deal w/ that......then thats your choice.
    Last edited by Ellynn; 10-08-05 at 04:31 PM.

she likes to have company. she wants yours. but in the meantime she was looking to fill the void.

but, she isn't going out with that guy anymore anyway is she? and she is seeing you on the sly, right? Soooo, all should be good, right? (well at least okay anyhow....)

"Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If she is just seeing you and stopped seeing that guy....then there is a possibility she really meant it when she said she loves you. I'm just saying to be careful because well sometimes we get our hopes up so high and the truth is revealed and it all comes crashing down....

Wow. What a story. Well, if she's still going out with him (no updates mean only assumption) then go out with someone else. If she's against it, you talk to her and say your against her going out with him. Who knows, the two people you dump may end up going out with each other. Life's freaky like that. If she dumped him, just know you got a good thing going on.

"Only the Dead have seen the end of War."
    - Plato

Hey bud i must be missing something.. if her dad doesnt allow you to date till she leaves home but you still manage to meet without him knowin why the hell is she datin other guys?
    you dont want to hurt yourself bud.. hug

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast