+ Follow This Topic

Thread: wen she doesn't reply to my text

wen she doesn't reply to my text

i text my girlfriend "morning" or some variation of it every day. some people might find that annoying but she has never said that, and she usually responds. There's those random days though where she doesn't and it really annoys me. I will see her on facebook and she doesn't reply to my text.

Should I say something to her about it or just let it be

Looks like the honeymoon is over and she isn't excited to receive a text from you. Stop texting her so often, so when you do text her it will have more meaning. You become more desirable if you make yourself less available.

just makes me feel like she dont care

But au contraire mon ami, she will take notice and be clamoring to get your attention, that's how human nature works....when something is taken away from you, you desire more to have it back.

It's not that she doesn't care, she has become comfortable and complacent. She doesn't have to work for your attention anymore because you took the challenge out of the equation by being too available.

Awe, I wish I could hug you - I am dealing with this issue as well.
    While it is true what the above posted said about her noticing you more once you become not so available, I feel like you should continue to text her. It lets you know that you care and that she is the first thing that you are thinking about when you wake up. Have you spoken to her about this? Maybe try to tell her that you would appreciate if she would initiate the conversations, or at least respond to your texts ( considering it only takes a few seconds of her time )

Quote Originally Posted by ingalls View Post
    just makes me feel like she dont care
    I'm sure she cares about you, but your texts aren't so important to her. Try saving your texts for when you actually need to text.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    You become more desirable if you make yourself less available.

Sad but true.

It's not a sad thing, it helps you to not be co-dependent, and you stay independent. It's healthy actually.

I can definitely agree with how you feel, at least to some degree. I mean, I can understand if she doesn't have time for a long conversation. But just a little "good morning" text is really not so much to ask. To me, it's not about being excited to get a text from the person. Of course the honeymoon phase eventually dies down. That is okay, and can even make the relationship all that much stronger. But, to me, this shows a lack of effort that she can't even return a simple "Hello" or something like that.

I mean, by itself, I wouldn't call it a make or break type thing. If it bothers you, I would just talk to her about it. Just be very casual about it, though. Don't make it seem like an aggravation of yours, and don't let it become an argument. Just keep it really simple, kind of like it is almost a second thought. Just that you understand if she doesn't have time or doesn't necessarily feel like having a long back and forth text conversation, but you would appreciate just a hello in return.

But, maybe that is just me.

These "good morning" texts, are rarely just a good morning text. They're often followed up with other questions, comments, and inquiries. Maybe she feels like if she responds, she's then obligated to have a conversation with you via text, or at least opens herself up to it?

Think about it. If you're really just wishing her a good morning, then that's all that needs to be said, and you don't need a response. If however, you are just soliciting an idle conversation, as I suspect might be the case due to your salty demeanor I can see why she'd be put off.

I agree that a simple, hello, doesn't take much effort. Feeling obligated to do something can be annoying and can make the gesture feel empty, even if it isn't. I understand its a tough spot for you to be in as well. I think you should send a good morning when you feel like it, and just carry on about your day. Do you text a lot in general?

Simple....if it bothers you, Talk to her about it...maybe she feels that it is not necessary, but to you, i might be..

or it could look desperate..which is a major turn off for most folks...

to switch things up, don't text her as usual every morning and notice her reaction...If no word from her, <insert bad news here>

Think about it....if texting didn't exist, would you want her to phone you every day to wish you good morning? It's a little ridiculous isn't it? Stop being so needy. I agree with basiland thyme, save your communication when you really have something of importance to say. This need for texting is getting way out of hand. If I had a BF that told me he would appriciate it if I texted him every morning to acknowledge him, I would think he was crackers. It would be a deal breaker for sure.

Think about it....if texting didn't exist, would you want her to phone you every day to wish you good morning? It's a little ridiculous isn't it? Stop being so needy. I agree with basiland thyme, save your communication when you really have something of importance to say. This need for texting is getting way out of hand. If I had a BF that told me he would appriciate it if I texted him every morning to acknowledge him, I would think he was crackers. It would be a deal breaker for sure.
    yep. Needy, needy
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

just keep it down, you decide to txt her... she does not own you an answer though

It's not a sad thing, it helps you to not be co-dependent, and you stay independent. It's healthy actually.

I'm sure you know by experience though when you are not really into someone they will chase you cause they know they have not got you. When you are into them they don't chase you.