+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Am I right to be suspicious? Or am I just being Paranoid?

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne
    Lol, dude I was in your shoes, and I ended up getting dumped because I was to suspicious and needy, and that indicated to her that I was desperate, and there is no bigger turn off than that!

If she's lying to you it may be because she feels a need to explain her actions to you, because she does not think you are happy with the truth. I think if you just relax it may end up sorting itself out, good luck dude!
    I understand what you mean, woman hate dependent little men.

Know what though? The whole reason I can't turn a blind eye is because I am not a doormat. If I needed her to get by and was desperate I would just ignore this whole thing and let it go on forever.

What kind of "man" could pretend this didn't exist and still look at himself in the mirror? Even if she isn't cheating, she is lying to me, plain and simple.

We were supposed to talk last night but her brother came into town two days ago and she hung out with him, luckily I have this afternoon off so finally we get to talk. I refuse to talk about this over the phone, I want her to look me in the eye when we talk about this.

I appreciate what you are saying, and I know I may lose her, but I would rather lose her then go on pretending nothing is going on while she is sneaking around.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Now after reading your post, I agree with you Don. You do have a right to know whats going on.

My ex bf (the one who cheated) told me I was being too parnanoid and that I if I wasn't so nosy .......things would be ok... Funny thing is thats when I caught him cheating...... I was still in shock when it was actually going on.....but I felt I had the right to know the truth. I'm glad I did catch him......because otherwise that stuff would have still been going on....and it would have hurt even more.

that's probably the most humiliating thing about somebody cheating on you, being told that you're being too paranoid or being made to feel like you're crazy for feeling the way you do. i'll tell you something don, she is cheating on you. if she wasn't, she'd have nothing to hide. it sounds like she keeps putting you off and putting you off some more so that maybe you'll just forget about it. but if you dump her ass i wouldn't blame you one bit.

So yeah, tonight was the night I was finally gonna sit down and talk to her, right when we meet up she gets a phone call from her student job running a lab at the university and her boss needed her to come in. Then she works her real job from 5-11 and she has to get up at 7 am tommorow so I doubt she will be in the mood to drive over.

LOL It has been impossible for me to be alone with her for any length of time the last few days.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would almost think she is avoiding you for a reason.......

Quote Originally Posted by Ellynn
    I would almost think she is avoiding you for a reason.......
    The last few days she has been working early and so have I, and her brother being in town complicates things, we hung out for a while today but we weren't alone, then she gets a phone call, bleh.

I don't want to say "We need to sit down and talk" because I don't want her to have time to come up with excuses. Either way she is supposed to stay with me tommorow night since I don't work Friday morning.

surely SOMETHING will come up again. maybe she'll get a private phone call from david.

Tone Guest
    Wow dude this is getting to be a bit weird... each day you're suppose to talk to her and each day something comes up... the plot thickens...

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    surely SOMETHING will come up again. maybe she'll get a private phone call from david.
    Yeah, and say it's a call from work and she has to leave.

i don't even see why you have to discuss it. you already know what's going. she's not going to admit to anything.

so, this is where all the grown up talk happens, yeah?

I think you know what to do, you just don't want to admit it. Trust your gut and your instincts. The only reason you should second guess your instincts is if you've always been a jealous-minded person. Otherwise, based on your description of everything that's taken place, if you stay with her, you should expect more of the same. I also predict that she will eventually dump you once she thinks she's found what's she's looking for - which doesn't sound like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Yeah, and say it's a call from work and she has to leave.
    Actually though it sounds fishy with things come up to people reading this, we are both really busy and we don't get to see each other every night. Last few nights we have both been working and such, and her brother is always around(leaves sunday).

Her boss actually did call her, I saw the # and heard him on the phone, if it was anything fishy I would be the first one to add it to the list of shit that is bothering me.

I can't have a talk like this when her brother is sitting at her place hanging out, bleh. I am supposed to go over to her place in a few, and then she is going to come stay her supposedly.

I think I will just stop posting till we have our little talk

OK finally managed to have our little talk. I am tired but wanted to write something down while it is still fresh in my mind.

Now first I would like to point out something that has been lost in the many pages I think. She really is the nicest person I know, everyone loves her that meets her, she even passed the test of meeting my 3 sisters, the first long term girlfriend I have had that has passed that test.

Basically I hung out at her place till midnight, she didn't want to make the drive back over and stay at my place since she has to be to work at 8 am and it was already midnight.

So I said "Actually I need to talk to you about something"

I pointed out the time that really pissed me off when she said she was going to Jenny's house, but Jenny went to a movie at 8. I also pointed out many other things. I mentioned I dropped by her other friends house a few days ago to say hi and she wasn't there.

I left out the fact that I looked through her cell logs when she was sick, I did mention that she used to talk about David all the time, and never mentions him anymore.

Well at first she was like "Oh I'm sorry if I made you mad" then she thought about it for a bit and clammed up. She was like 'I can't believe you would actually look up movie times, or just drive by my friends house, that is SO creepy and unhealthy"

I agree with that, it is creepy, but given the circumstances I felt I had the right to know what was going on.

Basically she got really pissed off at me, and I left, she told me to call when I got home and let her know I made it(raining)

I got home and call her and she is crying saying she can't believe I don't trust her and such and how she is quiting her summer job anyway and she won't see them, and how she has only hung out with them a couple times. She said the reason she never mentioned hanging out with David the few times she did was because she didn't want me to say "Why haven't I ever met him, blah blah" she pointed out how before we started dating she used to hang out with her friends all the time and now she only does a few days a week and she shouldn't have to explain what she is doing to me every second.

This is true but she also doesn't have to lie.

Basically she said "I don't know, I have so much going on, applying to grad school, all these classes I have to take, my thesis, I don't want to fight about this when I am never going to see these people probably after the next few weeks"

She said "I don't know what I want anymore" the whole time she was crying.

So basically @ 1:30 I said "Lets talk tommorow, go to bed, I love you" she said I love you back and we got off the phone.

I don't really know what to think, we talked for a long time and I didn't write it all down, but if she was lying to me about anything she was doing the best job I have ever heard anyone do, but you can never tell.

Bleh, see what happens tommorow. Time for sleep.
    Last edited by Don99; 19-08-05 at 05:49 PM.

Normally we talk in the morning, I will go see her at lunch and she calls me on her way to work. Haven't heard from her today. Going over to one of my buddies houses, might go out tonight.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast