+ Follow This Topic
Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: got any favorite new tv shows you watch?

I will have to give American Gothic a try. Sounds right up my alley.

Quote Originally Posted by melancholia View Post
    Anyone watching Orange is the new Black season 4 yet? My bf and I just finished episode 9 last night.
    I just finished the last episode of the new season a couple days ago. Sad. :-( Season 4 was really good.

I am finally watching the last AHS with Lady gaga.

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

that last season was disappointing in the end, meg. started out alright and then nose dived, but that is just my opinion.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

THE, we finished OITNB last weekend. Without giving out any spoilers, what did you think of season 4?
    "Caring is not an advantage."

Americian Gothic is good -- they keep messing with the viewers by making you thinking the dad, no the mom, no the older brother -- no the younger brother and on and on. The kid is a budding serial killer for sure lmao.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Oh without a doubt that kid is a sociopath for sure. The scene where he snuck into that woman's house was intense! The doll thing was f$cked. Some of the dialogue isn't great, but the dynamics of the show are v addicting!

Quote Originally Posted by melancholia View Post
    THE, we finished OITNB last weekend. Without giving out any spoilers, what did you think of season 4?
    Well, I thought the way Piper was brutally murdered was a little gory. I love gore, but it was just out of place for this show. And Boo's character making a complete 180 and becoming a dainty little straight girl who wanted to be a house wife was just weird. That and I can't believe Darth Vader turned out to be Anakin Skywalker! Luke's father! Mind BLOWN!

Oh crap! You said NO spoilers.

LOL!

Okay, so hopefully it is painfully obvious I made all that stuff up. LOL! Well... except for Darth Vader actually being Luke's father. That $h*t is actually true! Dun! Dun!!! DUN!!!!!

No, but being serious, I really enjoyed season 4 of Orange is the New Black. I thought it was interesting how they integrated all the new characters. Frankly, over the last few seasons I have been much less of a fan of Piper and much more of a fan of the rest of the cast. So, I was happy to see some of the change in Piper near the end of the season. I won't say more so as not to spoil anything, but I just feel her character started to take a turn back in the direction of where she should belong.

I will be interested to see where they go in season 5, hoping and assuming that season 5 does become a thing. I can't wait!

I'll also say this about the very end of the very last episode.... without spoiling anything....

I had very mixed feelings. Part of me was saying "DO IT!" part of me was saying "it isn't worth what it would do to you, and you wouldn't deserve that."-
    Last edited by TheEvilJester; 19-07-16 at 06:25 AM.

For a second, I was thinking, "did we watch the same show?" lolol! Also, if a movie/show is 10+ years old, there's no such thing as a spoiler, because people should have seen it already, especially if it's a classic, like Star Wars!

I really liked season 4. I thought it was much better than season 3. I like Judy and the parody of Martha Stewart. She's a really funny character and I love everyone's reaction to her arrival, especially Poussey's. I love love love her!

I have always hated Piper. From the first episode, I could not stand her. I think she is an integral character to the show, but to me she is entirely unlikable. There was that one scene in season 4 where (for the first time in this entire series) I actually felt kind of bad for her. I love Pennsatucky and the evolution of her character has been great to watch.

I agree with your last statement, although I was not expecting her to pick it up... my BF and I were like "WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!!!" v intense final scene for sure.

Has anyone in the forum seen the show Narcos? I haven't seen it yet but have heard good things.

New series called : Brief Encounters. Loving it so far

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

What is wrong with me? LOL! I didn't get that Judy was a sort of parody of Martha Stewart until you said that just now. Now I feel like an idiot because that is so obvious. LOL! But, I just didn't really even put any thought to it. She was just another new character with a bunch of other new characters in this season.

For me, the hatred of Piper has sort of grown over the past few seasons. From the beginning there were things she did or said that I thought she shouldn't have, but for the most part I was pulling for her. She seemed like a basically good person who just got caught up with the wrong people in her past and was paying for it now instead of back then. She was just trying to survive in the harsh prison environment. I can't remember exactly when it happened, but eventually I started to hate her.

As terrible as it may be, when a certain group of characters finally got some payback on her in this season, a large part of me was actually happy to see it happen. In large part, I felt like she had it coming. Piper, over the last few seasons, has actually been less and less of the focus of the show. She's still there, she's still important, but a lot of the other characters have been getting more attention and I like that.

As I said, though, Piper's incident did seem to give her a new attitude (for the better), so I'm hoping the character keeps that lesson and does not go back to trying to, as she put it herself "win at prison."

Is anyone else watching Stranger Things on Netflix??? My BF and I watched the first two episodes last night and it is totally rad!!!

No~ ^^ is that the horror / fantasy one with Winona Ryder, if so I wanna see it. They say it is like a Stephen King story.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

[MENTION=78034]breathe123[/MENTION] yes! It is v Stephen king-esque. Episode 4 is even titled after the book that inspired Stand By Me. Great show. Excellent attention to details and making it look like it was actually filmed in the early '80s. Soundtrack is dope and all the actors are amazing. We just finished ep. 4&5 last night. Only downside is I wish the season was longer!

as mentioned by melancholia i've started watching stranger things, so far i really enjoy it. they did great with the casting too.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

How far along are you? I am so sad it's only 9 episodes. My bf and I finished it so quick.

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast