+ Follow This Topic
Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: got any favorite new tv shows you watch?

i've watched american gods at my brothers and we both liked it. only saw two episodes but good at this point in it.

there is a new show about struggling comics in the seventies called i'm dying up here i heard was really good. so i want to watch that at some point too.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Shazam with Jamie Fox.

The Handmaid's Tale

[MENTION=81349]topazlight[/MENTION] Is it dark and depressing? I am meaning to watch it, do you like it?
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

I need to watch that show too, topazlight. Great actors involved.

I watched the first one and it is is dark and dismissal for the women involved. Awful to imagine living that way and you have no rights, have to be someones surrogate against your will if you don't want to die. Need to watch more to figure it all out.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Started watching Claws. It was pretty good, a fun watch at least. Waiting for Stranger things and Westworld to do a new season.

Does anyone watch Fargo? The latest season, it had it's finale I had binged online the last season in last few days and watched the finale. Have some issues with it, anyone else? How can a season be so good and they drop it at the end. I won't post spoilers but people you want to die don't and people you don't do. Always the way.

watched the new version of the gong show. rofl at mike meyers as host and had some great judges first show too.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

The Fargo finale is still bothering me lol? I wanted Nicki to live and Varga to die. Been long enough since the finale airing to post that I read somewhere she died because she didn't go after evil, Varga she went after revenge on Emmitt and in the process killed an innocent cop and so her gifted chance of surviving was taken from her by the mystery man in the bowling alley because she failed her mission.

i haven't got to see the season yet, lovebroken but when i do i'l chat about it with you. did you watch the other 2 seasons? where do you rate this one against those?
    William Blake

Great, Exeter19. I will wait until you get caught up and we shall discuss Season Three of Fargo

I liked Season Two the best. Then one and then this one this one had the most flaws to me in it. But, was still a good watch to me and they barely used some important characters in the finale and killed ones I wish survived.

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!!! My new "must watch TV addiction" is Queen of the South

QUEEN OF THE SOUTH tells the powerful story of Teresa Mendoza, a woman who is forced to run and seek refuge in America after her drug-dealing boyfriend is unexpectedly murdered in Mexico. In the process, she teams up with an unlikely figure from her past to bring down the leader of the very drug trafficking ring that has her on the run.

Starring Alice Braga (“I Am Legend”) as Teresa, the original drama series is based on the global best-selling novel “La Reina Del Sur,” by internationally-acclaimed author Arturo Pérez-Reverte. The literary page-turner also yielded one of the most popular super series of all time for USA’s sister network, Telemundo.

i don't know that show, shrinking_man but it sounds suspenseful.
    William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Exeter19 View Post
    watched the new version of the gong show. rofl at mike meyers as host and had some great judges first show too.
    Thank you for that for one reason that has been bugging me....

I haven't seen it yet, but I saw commercials and read a bit online. The host, Tommy Maitland..... I was perplexed by what I was reading online. Apparently, a lot of people were speculating that MAYBE it was Mike Myers playing a character.

....I was baffled by that because within LITERALLY one second of seeing and hearing the character on TV my thought was "Why is Mike Myers playing some character instead of just hosting as himself?" I mean, seriously. YES it is Mike Myers. Are people honestly speculating on that? Is ANYBODY fooled? I mean, if they want to have him playing a character, that is fine, but I can't believe anybody is actually not aware it is him.

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast